Pioneer SPH-DA120

88 Zed

It's great!

I looked at getting the AVH but I was drawn to the SPH because of the "car play" functionality.

Apart from the CD / DVD functions the SPH can do most of the same using car play and app radio so I suppose it's down to what phone handset your using?

I'll get some snaps of it tomorrow in the day light.

• Like 1

It's great!

I looked at getting the AVH but I was drawn to the SPH because of the "car play" functionality.

Apart from the CD / DVD functions the SPH can do most of the same using car play and app radio so I suppose it's down to what phone handset your using?

Im an iphone man so thinking yeah carplay is nice, does the navmii app work on this too via carplay?? Thanks, looking forward to seeing it in the car!! Edited by zippypooz

]Ahhh, how are you getting on with it? Im in two minds, either yours or the above! Do you have any photos of it in the zed??

Too slow :lol:

955BD709-812B-4BAC-8704-D6EC7525EAF7_zpsihuvs8tv.jpg

Its a nice looking bit of kit eh!! does it come with the surround or is there a specific surround for the fitment?

It's great!

Im an iphone man so thinking yeah carplay is nice, does the navmii app work on this too via carplay?? Thanks, looking forward to seeing it in the car!!

I don't think it dose in car play mode, I believe there's a lot more apps available to use through app radio mode tho and I haven't got round to getting the right cable for that yet.

In car play mode it has the standard Apple maps which aren't bad. Having Spotify and tune in radio on there is good tho, gives you the dab stations and endless amounts of playlists to pick from.

• Like 1

i bought mine for the car play as well, infant that photo looks just like mine - with carbon wrap etc!

the funny thing is I forgot to set it up with the USB lead for my phone - so i don't actually have car play at the moment! but it uses bluetooth to take the music from my phone anyway, which is one thing i guess.

So, if you want carplay, you need to physically connect the phone to the stereo via the cable?

Yes

It's easily hidden under the centre console tho, I used a dremel to make a neat hole in the underside of the centre cubbyhole and secured the USB so it doesn't look messy

• Like 1

Nope that's compleatly different!

To be honest I'm quite impressed with it still, I can't think of any reasons not to like it.

If it had DAB without having to utilise car play or app radio it would be perfect for me.

Cool, thanks for your input, looking forward to seeing it in your car! And thanks BulletMagnet, youve been a help as always!!