What exhaust system to go for ? Mine is dead now

MattRwebB

What are the extra little boxes on the back boxes on payco photo ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are Helmholtz resonators which give the Ark that superb sound....similar principle to blowing across the top of a bottle!

Ah ok so there just for sound purposes .. Are they just with/for the ARK make ?

And price for ARK system in the last two photos ?

ARK and HKS are the 2 main suppliers of that style exhaust, you will be paying £1000+ with ARK being the cheaper of the 2.

Or you can buy that design off eBay as replicas start around £400 (Japspeed)

Edited by Sargara

ARK and HKS are the 2 main suppliers of that style exhaust, you will be paying £1000+ with ARK being the cheaper of the 2.

Or you can buy that design off eBay as replicas start around £400 (Japspeed)

I thought motordyne did the Helmholtz thing first? I could be wrong on them being first, but they also do (a very nice) one.

I thought motordyne did the Helmholtz thing first? I could be wrong on them being first, but they also do (a very nice) one.

Oh probably i don't know, but i said main suppliers as all the yanks seem to fit HKS, and ARK is the cheapest over here.

Yh don't think I want to go £1000 plus .. I've puts heels of exhorts past Over the massive crack and its held well and passed the MOT now after failing for it ...

It's so much quieter now so might get it off again now it's passed haha but will go for the Invidia Gemini I think with high flow cats seems to sound nice and be loud

I have the Invidia, but it doesn't have the burnt looking tips. Just a nice discreet rolled finish. Not sure what sort it is... anyway, it sounds awesome when the revs are up but is quiet and refined (i.e. non boy racer) at usual revs.