Handheld camera Gimble

jimboy2

Christmas round the corner and the Mrs has just surprised me with wanting one of these.

Where do I start?! Anyone used one before? The price range is vast between models.

Needs to be easy to set up and calibrate but that's the only thing she has stated. Oh and to be used with a Canon 70d.

HELP!

Never used one myself, but I guess you are looking for something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FTBO-G10-3-axis-Carbon-Fiber-Handheld-Camera-Gimbal-for-Canon-5D-Ready-to-Use-/191621752916?hash=item2c9d8be854:g:RsIAAOSwNSxVbmSX

I'd visit my local camera shop and seek their advice. Get them to demo a few within your budget with models that suit the 70d, although most seem to be geared towards the go-pro.

Sometimes the stock can be limited, and the pro ones are a hell of a price.

3 axis are probably the best and ebay the cheapest.

Lets know how you get on.

Never used one myself, but I guess you are looking for something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FTBO-G10-3-axis-Carbon-Fiber-Handheld-Camera-Gimbal-for-Canon-5D-Ready-to-Use-/191621752916?hash=item2c9d8be854:g:RsIAAOSwNSxVbmSX

I'd visit my local camera shop and seek their advice. Get them to demo a few within your budget with models that suit the 70d, although most seem to be geared towards the go-pro.

Sometimes the stock can be limited, and the pro ones are a hell of a price.

3 axis are probably the best and ebay the cheapest.

Lets know how you get on.

That's a good idea. Will go and speak to someone. A universal mount would be ideal. She could then use a go pro, her cannon and maybe fit a iPhone too. Wonder if here miss anything like that.

The search continues

Ill try and answer any of your questions guys!

I would say Go DJI ronin or Ronin M or Movi, I have had these and they work very well. I have had others that did not perform and caused issues. I did build a 2 axis system a few years back along with a later 3 axis system but there were never 100% spot on :)