Pausing at 1500 RPM on Deceleration

shaktastik

My first post be gentle :teeth:

Is it normal that when revving my car on neutral gear either driving or parked, the RPM gauge pauses for a 1 sec on its way back to 1500 RPM. It doenst do this when in gear with clutch down.

Can someone try this and advise if theirs do the same please.

My car is a 2008 GT 313 with typhoon air intake and cobra exhausts.

And if its normal can someone explain why its doing this please.

There is a video showing what I mean on youtube

Thanks in advance.

The ECU cuts fuel when rpm is over 1800 and there is no load on the engine. Fueling is turned back on at 1500 rpm, which porbably explains the hesitation you're seeing. Here's the text from the service manual:

"If the engine speed is above 1,800 rpm under no load (for example, the shift position is neutral and engine speed is over 1,800 rpm) fuel will be cut off after some time. The exact time when the fuel is cut off varies based on engine speed. Fuel cut will be operated until the engine speed reaches 1,500 rpm, then fuel cut will be cancelled."

• Like 2

And if it should be pausing at 1500-1800 RPM why is Steve's car not doing it?

What mods do you have Steve?

Cobra exhaust and HKS panel filters. That's it.

What's interesting here is that a few months ago I posted up an almost identical question to your OP. I was told, "It shouldn't be like that. Get the sensors cleaned. That'll sort it"

I've seen your post Steve and I tried cleaning the MAF like you did but made no difference so I thought I will ask 350z owners for their opinion.

No probs mate. I couldn't find my original post earlier, but all the answers on this thread do make sense.

I too now wonder why mines not doing it lol

My HR did it but Jez at H-Dev assured me it was normal . I had a few idle problems with mine and seem to recall they can be troublesome, I read some horror stories on US forums about people who had tried to clean the throttle bodies so left it alone , repeated pedal dances helped but the idle speed would rise over time on mine

• Like 1

Had an answer from a youtube garage confirming what you all being saying:

"We did look in to your question, and our product engineer offers this: It’s normal for the car to do this, when you’re decelerating the fuel/air gets cut off from the engine but it’s programmed to turn on again at around 1500 RPM so the engine doesn’t stall. Hope that's helpful. Thanks for watching!"