oil sandwich plate adapter bolt

jumping350

Ive had double rage today and its about to turn into triple rage with this oil cooler! :lol:

Does anyone have an oil filter sandwich plate adapter bolt I could have (in london or Surrey area) I will replace with a mishimoto one next week but need it this weekend if possible

Picture below

WP_000283_zpsprc5mi5q.jpg

Typically I have 3 of them all m20 x 1.5 but only one works :angry: (middle one)

Edited by jumping350

Thanks Sam, that's not the current problem but im sure that will rear its head after i sort this one out!

The silver adapter above is the mocal one which works, the other two fit below it but wont screw into thread above, I suspected this would be the same on the engine and when I got there low and behold it wouldn't screw onto engine thread, mocal one went on with ease so both gold ones are no good even though the right metric etc

• Like 1

so the rage continues....... :boxing:

Managed to get hold of another sandwich plate adapter and even better it is shorter than the Mocal one

WP_000284_zpslzxfcozt.jpg

So that should avoid the problem Sam pointed out right??................Wrong!!

Sandwich plate ends up right against the block but can spin it round with my finger so its literally 1 two threads shy...I cant cut the threads because its on the engine block :scare:

If I were to put a couple of stainless steel washers between the sandwich plate and the sandwich plate adapter where it meets that should space it enough to tighten and clamp the sandwich plate down, will this be ok to do??

It would need a m22 washer which no one appears to sell in a shop on a Sunday so I cant finish it today....

the rage continues........

Edited by jumping350

went out for a test fit and it now tightens on and first sandwich plate doesnt move

IMG_1462_zpsuagfwunc.jpg

Luckily it seems to Mocal plate will tighten without adding anything else...and more importantly the oil lines/fittings clear :yahoo:

IMG_1463_zpsxjfeghec.jpg

and one with the oil filter on for good measure, I destroyed my K&N filter getting it off :headhurt: that stupid nut on the end doesnt help at all and its a weird size which I dont have went to halfords twice to get the right spanner still didnt budge it just kept slipping off :rant:

IMG_1464_zpsfvz6mv46.jpg

Overall should be ok but I hand tightened so wont really know until I go and tighten everything down properly on Sunday...once and for all :lol:

Edited by jumping350