List for if decide to convert to T or TT

Mj86

Hi,

I know it has been covered many times and some people have turbo their Zed, I get that.

But I couldn't find the proper list of what you need to have before convert to turbo.

For example, buy turbo kit is one thing, what else do I need? I assumed intercooler will also be on the list...

If you know the list, please send here.

Regards

If you want to make the most of the turbo then an engine rebuild with forged pistons and uprated rods, some kind of standalone engine management and a deep, deep pair of pockets.

Most turbo kits will consist of turbo, actuator, intercooler, manifold, pipework and sometimes fueling as well, hence "kit" :)

• Like 1

Too many variables for anyone to give a proper answer. This isn't something you do lightly and I bet 99% of people who have posted about going FI, eventually didn't.

You can't do enough reading yourself on the subject. It's not just about what parts you need either, there are lots of other foibles you need to think about which can only be identified with substantial reading.

For starters:

What power do you want to make?

How much do you want to spend?

Realistically, you're looking at £7-10k to go turbo up to about 400bhp. Anything above this and you really need to look at an engine rebuild which will easily double your budget.

With all due respect and not trying to cause offence, but if you don't know what parts you need to go turbo, you probably shouldn't be thinking about it. Any FI build on a NA car is just a huge and constant hassle and for some people has ruined their enjoyment of the Zed. For the cash, I would be looking at something which is already turbo'd or spending the money on handling / grip (Unless you car already has all of this done) as making the car much quicker doesn't necessarily make it more fun to drive. :)

• Like 2

As it's been covered already, if you really want more power from your zed, unless you're forging the engine, best option is Vortech Supercharger on a standard 350z DE engine.

Complete kit with everything required to get over 400bhp out your zed is about £5600. You could save about £1.5k - £2k if you install it yourself in your own time. Mapping and license for UpRev is about £500 with Jez@H-Dev.

How long have you had the zed, how many miles have you done in it so far?