Playing music through bluetooth.

PKAT

Hi,

i have a bluetooth fitted and it relays phone to me in car, as well as navigation commands from google maps. However it doesn't relay music. Is this due to the software relating to the music not having the correct commands to show bluetooth as an option?

I use an iphone 5 or 6 and notice that when I use navigation on my phone, that there is an option to relay the output either through the car, phone speaker or straight to the phone but the same option does not appear when i want to play music and am bluetoothed to the car.

Ideas?

Sorry, that wasn't helpful was it. My car is 2005, and I haven't modifed it. It's the GT. In the central seciton is the palce to put a bluetooth dongle and I bought one which fits in nicely.

On the back of it it says

CE

Adapter BT

28334 CD00A

BURY Nissan

Its the same one as a current ebay listing,272017423025. I haven't made any firmware upgrades since buying the car.

Does that help?

It does, that's the OEM BT module :)

AFAIK, you can't play music through that at all, I'm guessing because it simply doesn't support the newer BT protocols. I've never had one personally though, but I believe that to be correct.