do 200sx wheels fit?

MartinGT

nobody on any forums seems to have a proper answer so i guess i'll just need to try, mates got alot of these spare and they'd be handy for a trip to crail! 18s would be a bit dear to replace, whereas you can pick up worn 16s for free!

I still think a cheap set of the 17s that the Jap imports came on would be better. The car was never designed to run on 16s and, whilst I have no technical reasoning to back myself up, I just wouldn't fancy it. Surely the tyres would have to be such high profile to keep the rolling radius that you'd knacker the handling?

There's someone in the for sale section flogging some 17s. :)

nobody on any forums seems to have a proper answer so i guess i'll just need to try, mates got alot of these spare and they'd be handy for a trip to crail! 18s would be a bit dear to replace, whereas you can pick up worn 16s for free!

I still think a cheap set of the 17s that the Jap imports came on would be better. The car was never designed to run on 16s and, whilst I have no technical reasoning to back myself up, I just wouldn't fancy it. Surely the tyres would have to be such high profile to keep the rolling radius that you'd knacker the handling?

There's someone in the for sale section flogging some 17s. :)

Think he has a pal who can get him free 16's, that why he was thinking 16 inch rims. TBH 18's should be the minimum put on a zed.......17's look bloody stupid. acceptable on a track but how much advantage do they really give?

• 2 weeks later...
Well, 350 wheels fit the S14, so Id imagine they can do it the other way :)

Because 350 wheels are 2" bigger than the S14, no they might not go the other way..... ;)

Eh?? Surely if that was an issue it would the other way round - the S14 wouldnt be able to take the 18's, not the 350 not being able to take the 16's?? ;)

A stadard S14 16 would be too skinny and small for drifting IMO anyway - I use 17's on both of my drift cars, and one of them is only 200 bhp. Drifting is actually all about grip, not the lack of it :)

Because 350 wheels are 2" bigger than the S14, no they might not go the other way..... ;)

Eh?? Surely if that was an issue it would the other way round - the S14 wouldnt be able to take the 18's, not the 350 not being able to take the 16's?? ;)

A stadard S14 16 would be too skinny and small for drifting IMO anyway - I use 17's on both of my drift cars, and one of them is only 200 bhp. Drifting is actually all about grip, not the lack of it :)

We are talking about them clearing brake discs and calipers, not whether they fit in the arches..... ;)

We are talking about them clearing brake discs and calipers, not whether they fit in the arches..... ;)

Spacers old boy, spacers ;)

S14 wheels have a lot more clearance than S13 or Z32 ones ........... well, a few mm anyway :)