Body Kits

galgazza

Thinking of the next mod and I think it could be a body kit.

have heard stories of some of them not fitting so wondered where the best place to buy them from.

also looking for a good bodyshop in Cambridge area who could fit and spray.

Edited by galgazza

Nothing with fit like oem (stating the obvious), but you will generally get a much better fit from main manufacturers, Nismo will probably be your closest, otherwise Chargespeed, DoLuck, Ings etc will be a better bet than replica but still require work to be perfect.

After having bought a replica Chargespeed rear from RT performance i wish i bought original, mainly due to having proper mounting points for things like boot release/number plate lights and utilising the original oem upper bumper mountings which the replica had neither and overall less labour to get it fitting properly.

Edited by Jetpilot

In my experience they are all pretty much hit and miss.

Some fit like a dream, Grundy's V3 replica went on without even needing a trim, where as another could require being chopped up, filled , sanded, re-shaped etc.

Best ones we have come across are the Aerokit ones, sold plenty and had no issues at all so far, have a look on here :

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=43917caa-7861-49d5-a6fd-a668cc92c13e

Drop me a pm if I can help further

Cheers Chris

The problem with any kits are the moulds as i am sure Tarmac will agree, they degrade over time, glass not layed up properly, taken out too quicky etc etc If the manufacturer (replica or real) isnt on top of the moulds and laying up process it can be a lottery as to the finished product which is why you can get varied results.

There is some good info via google searches if and when you find a kit you fancy as to general overall fitment quality from suppliers.

I.e Duraflex, do a search for Duralex fitting issues.

Also worth noting that if you do find a product, ask the manufacturer what kind of fitment you should expect and get some guarantee that the product will not require, reshaping, cutting etc

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1