USA Prices on 350z

wanta350

happened to browse the web and stumble upon www.my350z.com i think.

I can't get over how cheap the 350z is over there :scare:

You can pick up a 03 with low mileage for around $19-20k, which is around £10k here!!!!

Man, thats not fair.

Also found out the GTR is going to be cheaper there too.....

Almost makes me want to emigrate there. :dry:

happened to browse the web and stumble upon www.my350z.com i think.

I can't get over how cheap the 350z is over there :scare:

You can pick up a 03 with low mileage for around $19-20k, which is around £10k here!!!!

Man, thats not fair.

Also found out the GTR is going to be cheaper there too.....

Almost makes me want to emigrate there. :dry:

03 uk zeds aren't far behind................ :blush:

It just that we have MUG written on out foreheads

As per a previous post I have made on here.

A new 350Z in Malaysia will cost you RM465,000, which is over £ 68,000. How much is it in the UK? Around £30k?

http://www.nissan.com.my/vehicles/coming/350z.html

I just viewed a used Prefacelift E46 M3 convertible, and that was £ 53,000 here, compared to around £20,000 to 23,000 in the UK. A New Merc S500 here would cost around £211,000, vs around £70-80k in the UK. The average wage here is also MUCH lower, a top exec may be on £ 35,000 by the end of their career. Many of my mates are lawyers/doctors/traders on £7,000 10,000 a year. Try buying a new 350Z for £68k on that wage

Prices in Singapore, Indonesia are all similar. Prices in Australia are less than here but still much higher than the UK. Places like Sweden, Norway, Denmark etc also same prices.

The UK is still much cheaper than many many countries for cars, what makes you think you are mugs

Its not called rip off Brittain for nowt - however as with all things its relative - you can for example buy Clasic cars much cheaper in Sweden and Germany depending on the model of course - but have a read of the web link below:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/best-buy-usa

Use the power of the £ against the dollar and take advantage.

They also mention Hong Kong being effected by the Dollar so (not sure if they are RHD in Hong Kong) but I am sure you can get a new 350Z for a bag of peanuts and a bottle of fizzy pop :lol:

Stan

Its not called rip off Britain for nowt

There is a good reason everything is more expensive in the UK. ..

Who says everything is more expensive in the UK? Just look at my post (in this thread) about car prices in some other countries.

In case you missed it, a 350Z NEW in Malaysia will cost you £ 68,000. Also much lower wages there

http://www.nissan.com.my/vehicles/coming/350z.html

the houses are cheaper in malaysia!!

Catch the bus?

With wages as low as they are it doesnt make a difference when you live here.

However, a nice 3 bed flat on river valley rd in singapore will cost you around 650,000 (and thats in British Pounds)

Salaries in Singapore aren't that low you know ;)

1) 7 years ago, that $20k corresponded to £15K.

2) they don't have VAT, they have state tax in (some/most)states, which is never added to the price you see, but only added when the invoice is made (which adds another 8-15% to the price)

Its not called rip off Brittain for nowt - however as with all things its relative

Jordan - you missed the last bit of my comment . Not everything is more expensive.

I understand salaries where you live are not good and cost of cars etc are astrononmical however if you were on that salary would you be worrying about a car costing so much anyway?

I would love a Bentley GT Continental but I will never be able to afford one or even run it and I am on a fairly good salary for what I do. Its madness paying for somthing that expensive - I recon in 20 years time when the oil has run out and we have finally heard the last of Lady Di's death I will be able to buy one second hand for a packet of crisps and a bottle of coke

The bottom line is we get taxed a lot on everything in UK and then we get taxed on top of that however the funds appear not to go entirely on the purpose they are designed!

Take it easy mate

Regards

Stan

But you run the risk of being shot by a lonely 14 year old each day as a trade off...... :dry:

Not too worry. American teens are getting so fat they'll get winded just maintaining their "My space" page. When James Bond cell phones that double as a .380 are available...... that's when we'll need to worry

But you run the risk of being shot by a lonely 14 year old each day as a trade off...... :dry:

Not too worry. American teens are getting so fat they'll get winded just maintaining their "My space" page. When James Bond cell phones that double as a .380 are available...... that's when we'll need to worry

:lol: