To cat or not to cat...

S7nny

So, I've recently installed an Invidia Gemini to my 06 GT and whilst doing so I discovered a need for some new cats. I understand there are millions of threads on this topic, but since Berks-gate I feel the game may have changed. What would everyone recommend now? Is there a specific brand/model you'd suggest or is a de-cat more preferable?

You could get a Sports cat like http://www.japspeed....-downpipes.html. if worried about breaking the law lol

Not sure what they are like on zeds but have one on our Scooby, no problems :) Also, know friendly garage if you go full de-cat.

Edit: Actually not sure what is compatible with the Invidia system...would the Cobra fit? Love the sound of mine :) Has it been mapped? Will need a re-map???

Edited by Kraziekatz1
  • Like 1

How about a decat then add a MotorDyne XYZ pipe with a sports cat? That way you're legal but have the option to swap out the cat for a straight pipe very easily should the mood take you? :)

I run an XYZ with sports cat and Toyo sports back box and the system has a real nice rasp to it above 3K but keep it under that and it's quite civilised.

• Like 2

I have some silenced decats in stock if you don't want a rasp and have a friendly MOT station.

As mentioned Berk are not saying that there's will pass an emissions test here, many do but if you are unlucky then you have potentially spent £400 on a set of decats.

We have been recommending Cobra HFCs at the moment

Ive heard good things about the cobra recently, and I'm swaying more in that direction since the Berks is a 50/50 risk.

Rich, where are you located? If it's within a reasonable distance would you be open to letting me hear the setup?

You could get a Sports cat like http://www.japspeed....-downpipes.html. if worried about breaking the law lol

Not sure what they are like on zeds but have one on our Scooby, no problems :) Also, know friendly garage if you go full de-cat.

Edit: Actually not sure what is compatible with the Invidia system...would the Cobra fit? Love the sound of mine :) Has it been mapped? Will need a re-map???

I believe so!!

No map yet - no. Figured I'd get a few mods on first otherwise I'll just have to get it redone after each one anyway. Multiple birds with one stone!

The map will take place with the cats, according to plan. As will the plenum spacer