Quaife LSD

andy10v

Smooth, maintenance free. I know it will go open if I lift a wheel, but it will be better than an old viscous diff for most driving.

I assume your suggestion is man up and get a Kaaz? How long have you had yours? Have you had to replace any parts?

A lot of track work was the plan, life does not always go to plan though, might still get a few in this year.

Smooth, maintenance free. I know it will go open if I lift a wheel, but it will be better than an old viscous diff for most driving.

I assume your suggestion is man up and get a Kaaz? How long have you had yours? Have you had to replace any parts?

A lot of track work was the plan, life does not always go to plan though, might still get a few in this year.

It really is horses for courses Andy, and there is always a trade off if the car is for both track and road. :thumbs:

There is a TS 4 hour open pit, track event on Saturday 31st October at Knockhill if you are interested. :drive1

It really is horses for courses Andy, and there is always a trade off if the car is for both track and road. :thumbs:

There is a TS 4 hour open pit, track event on Saturday 31st October at Knockhill if you are interested. :drive1

Yup, road cars are always compromises, and this time I think I want a road car I can drive on track, rather than trying to build a road legal track car. Still able to enjoy it for a weekend away rather than only enjoyable when hooning it.

31st is now fully booked and my boss is off that weekend so no chance of me escaping for the afternoon.

I can supply them - £815

Quaife QDF11L Nissan 350Z Manual Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential

Let me know if I can help further

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris

Sounds good. Do you prefer to sell through the forum or your website?

Is the QDF11L a direct replacement for a OEM viscous LSD? I thought the QDF13L is used to replaces the viscous diff?

Do you sell the seals/bearings/oil as well?

cheers

Andy

Hello chaps,

I run a Quaife QDF10L on my 370z 7AT (with VLSD from factory). My notes on this are http://www.350z-uk.c...20#entry1457750, and the whole topic is about what I found along the way to getting it installed.

On a 350z you just choose the appropriate diff. from Quaife. to match your present setup (auto/manual/manual+VLSD). On the 370z the process was a little more involved. Note that the difference between the models for open vs. viscous is in the length of the half-shafts, as the VLSD is offset.

I ordered mine directly from RT Quaife, who happen to offer very good technical support.

It is the single most useful upgrade I have made to my 'z, and the first thing I would do if I was starting over.

Edited by dajw
  • Like 1