ANOTHER Tyre Size Thread...

BobbyZ

Afternoon all, I'll be getting new rims soon, and wanted to check what the best size tyres would be. Rims sizes are:

F: 19 x 9.5 ET25

R: 19 x 10.5 ET25

I'm thinking somewhere around 255/35 / 285/35, which by my calculations should be close to original rolling radius - I just wanted to check that this sounds right to the experts here! I'd also like as little stretch as possible, as I don't think stretched tyres fill the arches as well. I'm lowered on Tein S Tech, which is 17mm front, 14mm rear (as I'm sure you all know).

So, would these fit, and would there be any stretch, and if so can I go wider without rubbing issues?

I don't have a great deal of experience but whenever I've measured rim widths they've come out about 1" wider than described due to the width of the rim edge itself. That would make yours 266.7mm front, 292.1mm rear. The R35 GT-R has the same rim widths and uses 255 front, 285 rear. If it was me I would go with your originally proposed tyre sizes. :thumbs:

Edited by roadtrip

Cheers mate, it seems like all the evidence is pointing that way :)

Based on all the stuff I've read here and elsewhere, I'm thinking I should get away without rolling the arches on the Teins (doubt I'll go any lower unless I move to a country with no speed bumps). If anyone knows otherwise, please do let me know :)

A quick noob question that doesn't warrant a new thread - are tyres like the MPSS directional? I know that they're asymmetrical and so have to be fitted with the correct side out, but the tread also looks to be directional (which would then, by my reckoning, mean that you would need side-specific tyres). :surrender:

Thanks again.

A quick noob question that doesn't warrant a new thread - are tyres like the MPSS directional? I know that they're asymmetrical and so have to be fitted with the correct side out, but the tread also looks to be directional (which would then, by my reckoning, mean that you would need side-specific tyres). :surrender:

Thanks again.

A lot of tyres including the MPSS have a tread pattern that looks different depending on the side of the car but they're not directional, just asymmetric so you needn't worry about matching sides.
  • Like 1