Rear fog lamp

Rob332

Hi guys,

So I removed the rear lamp on my 03 JDM Z today as my rear fog light was inop.

The reason it was not working was obvious when I looked down and saw the lens and the bulb holder had all melted.

It has had a recess cut in the lamp where I guess the reverse light once was and an aftermarket fog lamp unit put in, screwed in with a self tapper.

I can't for the life of me source a replacement fog lamp unit the same size that will fit in the recess.

It's made by some German company I think.

Does anyone know if I get a UK spec lamp, will it just be a straight swap? then I can just use the existing wires that were used to power the old fog lamp to power the fog on the new UK lamp ?

I thought this might have been asked before, but can't find any info on a search.

Hope it all makes sense.

Cheers guys !

I'm pretty sure the JDM and UKDM clusters are identical if thats what you are asking?

JDMs don't have fog lamps as they're not a legal requirement in Japan. Mine had some aftermarket one fitted on import to the UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's OK now, cheers

Managed to find one the right size on eBay

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=361295115761&alt=web

This will replace the lamp that has melted and saves me from spending £40+ on a UK cluster and having to remove the rear bumper.

At least I now know the clusters are the same should I want to replace it in the future :)

Now just got to change the rear discs, pads and shoes and everything is sorted for the mot

Then will be investing in a plenum spacer :teeth: