Light steering/excessive lock

sixdegrees

As the title really... all of a sudden my Z's steering has become very light, and requires much more input to produce a given amount of steering angle than before. And it really was sudden too... parked up to go shopping and all was well, got back in it and drove off and things felt very wrong indeed.

I've checked tyre pressures and they're ok, banana bars were replaced a couple weeks ago along with a full alignment so hoping nothing's amiss there... The car doesn't appear to pull one way or the other, the steering is just extremely light with little feel and takes a lot of turning.

Any thoughts?

Fluid levels were fine, all looks fine underneath... did a few turns of the wheel lock to lock then went for a drive to see if I could glean any more info for diagnosis and... it seems fine now. I guess I accidentally bled the system, unless it's an intermittent issue of course. Drives well again though, with the correct steering weight and inputs. Something to keep an eye on I suppose!