Roadster roof help.

Quinster

Sorry for posting another thread about this, but i just bought the car yesterday and can't even drive it!

It's in my friends garage at the moment.

The problem is when i went to close the roof the back section opened (very slightly) and then stopped.

It was making noises as if it was trying.

The upshot of it is that the rood is still down and the "hatch" at the back is still slightly open at one side.

When i press the button nothing at all is happening now.

I'm totally depressed as i can't get out in my new car (2006 Roadster).

I'll be on here a lot asking stupid questions (like last night when i couldn't get the key out the ignition).

My car needs a little tlc (small tear in roof and some interior work required).

I'm hoping i don't annoy anyone with these questions, but I'm really looking forward to getting to work on it.

Thanks.

Robert.

p.s Admin can you delete last nights "help" thread.

Thanks.

Give the joints a good going over with silicon spray. Also give it a little help to get it moving.They can be a pain but usually work in the end.

How do i go about that if i cant get it to open?

Is there a manual way of closing the roof?

Looks as though there's something jammed the way the rooflid is sitting, it's uneven.

Oh and thanks for the tip, just need to know how to do it.

Edited by Quinster

The joints and runners can get very stiff if not used regularily. Assuming the Tardis ( back section) is slightly open then get your mate to apply light pressure while you try to make it close again. Opening and closing should free it. Same with the roof. Make sure you run the engine when doing it, you dont want a flat battery.

The joints and runners can get very stiff if not used regularily. Assuming the Tardis ( back section) is slightly open then get your mate to apply light pressure while you try to make it close again. Opening and closing should free it. Same with the roof. Make sure you run the engine when doing it, you dont want a flat battery.

There is a tiny microswitch on the passenger side behind the door. I noticed it when doing my roof. Make sure this isn't broken! Also the microswitch on the brake can fail....

PM Zzzebady too. He's become a bit of a roadster roof expert!

From what you have said though, it sounds like a ram is jammed on the side part of the back of the roof that flips up. Each side of this there are two rams, like what holds your boot up on a normal car. Check these are free and not popped off their holders.

Ad