Road trips 2015

yankeesiter

Excerpts from 3 European trips so far this year. Having done road trips to Scotland and Wales, I don’t think I would ever do them again. Europe offers fantastic scenery and great roads and tours can often be done for the same or less money.

DSCF7771_zps1tjijwkg.jpg

SummitStGotthardpass29_zpsb99c7a83.jpg

RoaddownfromtheKandel41_zps723f9214.jpg

DSCF7481_zpsn4r6yh8n.jpg

DSCF7479_zpsn3qgtece.jpg

DSCF7476_zps5cpz404o.jpg

DSCF7181_zpssznnjpxc.jpg

C28%20to%20Vielha%207_zpstren2wg3.jpg

DSCF7478_zpspw7zd17t_1_zpstyb2dysf.jpg

DSCF7181_zpssznnjpxc.jpg

DSCF7071_zpszotgjpmx_1.jpg

DSCF7390_zpswjau6bsz_1.jpg

DSCF7387_zpsojr3fd5v.jpg

DSCF7371_zpsbejb7kig_1.jpg

C28f%20to%20Vielha%201_zpsk1xx7aem.jpg

C28f%20to%20Vielha%205_zpsaziequiz.jpg

Col%20de%20Tourmalet%204_zpsiy310wmp.jpg

Back to Europe on 19th September for the last run.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more, love driving the roads in southern Europe, try the pyranees if you get chance too, France to Spain through Andorra is great fun.

Done that almost 30 years ago. :teeth:

Did not mean to go through Andorra as I took a wrong turn. :surrender:

Quite a scary place. :scare:

• Like 1

I did a trip to the Brecon Beacons not too long ago, was quite fun, scenery was fairly nice but the roads. Jesus christ. my poor under carriage :'(

All you lucky guys doing Europe make me jealous and itching to do it myself. Just need the funds and the other half needs the time off, which isn't going to happen unfortunately :(

Look like some lovely roads to take at... ummm.... "enthusiastic" pace ;)

Already planning my Europe trip, will be taking in the Black Forest but the condition on doing it is to stop at Lake Como for a few days, still will manage to get Stelvio pass in and am looking at one or two detours.

Those pics by the way show the drama of some of Europe's nicer driving roads.

I did a trip to the Brecon Beacons not too long ago, was quite fun, scenery was fairly nice but the roads. Jesus christ. my poor under carriage :'(

All you lucky guys doing Europe make me jealous and itching to do it myself. Just need the funds and the other half needs the time off, which isn't going to happen unfortunately :(

Look like some lovely roads to take at... ummm.... "enthusiastic" pace ;)

Can't help you on the oh's time off but in my experience the cost of say doing the Black Forest is not more expensive and in some cases cheaper than doing the Highlands. Depends on where you live in the UK of course.

I put together this little video of my June trip and am very much looking forward to the re-visit next week.

Note the lack of cars and no speed vans or cameras. Not saying there aren't any but.....

Edited by yankeesiter