Should I restore to original height

Danny Winder

Wearing inside of tyres has nothing to do with camber. Its the toe/tracking that does that. Get it realigned.

Changing the ride height wont do anything for the back breaking ride. Youll need stock soft suspension to solve that. What suspension is on it?

Camber wears the inside of the tyres also.

Do you have coilovers fitted or just lowering springs?

• Like 1

Whatever it is its wearing the inside 2 inches of all four tyres while the rest of the tyre is brand new condition ???

I think previous owner has set it up as a race car. The ride is so hard. The smallest bump is shuddering. I really think I might be happier with it on a little softer springs and raised a bit ???? !!!!!

Find out what suspension you have, if coilovers you may be able to decrease the compression damping to make it more compliant, just be aware you can also then blow through your travel onto the bumpstops depending on the usable stroke and spring rate, if you have particularly high rate springs it will be crashy on the road. You may also be able to fit softer springs once you find out what setup you have. 19s will be less compliant than smaller sizes.

Camber doesnt wear the inside edge. Its an internet myth

Static negative camber will cause the inside of the tyre to wear more quickly than the outside during normal road driving. Why do you say it is an internet myth?

Excessive toe will also scrub tyres.

So get it restored to original for every day use or what ?????

If you want it to be as complaint as possible then stock would seem sensible.

You might want to check if the car has been setup with negative camber for track, or just slammed onto its bumpstops and camber cannot be set within a normal with stock components.

LOL yes Im being serious :lol:

Static negative camber increases will not wear your tyres inside edge any quicker that you would notice or be able to tell - unless the camber is so retarted its lifting tread off the tarmac (like dubbers do).

Honestly, hand on heart its true. If youre wearing the inside edge excessivly compared to the rest of the tyre its toe related and not camber B)

yeah, some OEM springs from a forum member. post up in the wanted section, last week a few people had sets going in the south east, so i guess there will be some kicking about up north too. or try some of the forum traders too, some can source new and some can source 2nd hand. zmanalex did a much better quote for a 2nd hand part than the breakers yards did.

you're in the right place to get the best price and set of options compared to just talking to a dealership :)

Wearing inside of tyres has nothing to do with camber. Its the toe/tracking that does that. Get it realigned.

Changing the ride height wont do anything for the back breaking ride. Youll need stock soft suspension to solve that. What suspension is on it?

Wut?...your post is wrong from start to finish.