Where to get custom centre caps?

roadtrip

Anyone got any thoughts on where to get some custom centre caps for my 5ZIGEN wheels? I enquired with one 3D printing place but they quoted £175 just to design them with the printing an additional cost on top. Not sure if 3D printed plastic or machined from aluminium is the best option, I'm thinking of something I can get painted when I get the wheels refurbed. I like the look of the ones below but either plain or with the 5ZIGEN logo, don't know if the logo will get lost once painted though.

Looking for advance especially from anyone that's done this before. :)

GTR_6.20.12-22.jpg

Anyone got any thoughts on where to get some custom centre caps for my 5ZIGEN wheels? I enquired with one 3D printing place but they quoted £175 just to design them with the printing an additional cost on top. Not sure if 3D printed plastic or machined from aluminium is the best option, I'm thinking of something I can get painted when I get the wheels refurbed. I like the look of the ones below but either plain or with the 5ZIGEN logo, don't know if the logo will get lost once painted though.

Looking for advance especially from anyone that's done this before. :)

GTR_6.20.12-22.jpg

Will help handsomely towards your new caps if you sell me the original ones!

They look nice but £175! If its embossed then it should be fine after a respray?

There's a recessed 5ZIGEN logo on the painted rim itself which looks good so I guessed it would be okay but I'm not sure how easy it would be replicated on a cap, I guess it depends on how many coats of paint are used.

I like your thinking! Unfortunately my caps aren't really usable as two were melted by the previous owner. :scare:

I did enquire last year about getting some new replacements from the manufacturer and the answer was $108 including shipping for a set of four which didn't sound too bad compared to those second hand prices! I can't help wondering though how long they would last as the quality of mine didn't look great and brake dust, wheel cleaning chemicals (yes I sometimes get someone else to wash my car :blush: ) and possibly heat build-up probably aren't going to be kind to new ones either.

I did buy a set of used hexagonal ProRacer FN01R-C caps from eBay US which fit pretty well, I just couldn't decide if I liked the look of them or not.

Edited by roadtrip

I like your thinking! Unfortunately my caps aren't really usable as two were melted by the previous owner. :scare:

I did enquire last year about getting some new replacements from the manufacturer and the answer was $108 including shipping for a set of four which didn't sound too bad compared to those second hand prices! I can't help wondering though how long they would last as the quality of mine didn't look great and brake dust, wheel cleaning chemicals (yes I sometimes get someone else to wash my car :blush: ) and possibly heat build-up probably aren't going to be kind to new ones either.

I did buy a set of used hexagonal ProRacer FN01R-C caps from eBay US which fit pretty well, I just couldn't decide if I liked the look of them or not.

I've lost two of the alloy outer cups from mine so still happy to pay for the two you have left.

I've lost two of the alloy outer cups from mine so still happy to pay for the two you have left.

I would consider selling my remaining two which I think are a bit worn but complete, however I think they might be slightly different to yours, mine look like this:

Team5ZigenZRplussilvercarbonCenterCaps.jpg

As way of a better explanation, I'm thinking of getting my wheels painted in either shadow chrome (or whatever it is!) like the standard 370Z Rays or something similar to what they are currently which is HyperGunMetallic like in these photos but running without caps:

IMG_0025.jpg4853081373_6b5525661f_b.jpg

The caps look okay but if I'm buying new caps I'd prefer something a bit less bling so ideally looking for caps that give a clean Vossen style look:

$_57.JPGInfiniti-G37-On-VFS1-By-Vossen-Wheels-03.jpg

I would consider selling my remaining two which I think are a bit worn but complete, however I think they might be slightly different to yours, mine look like this:

If you're looking for options then these are the ProRacer FN01R-C ones which I'd be happy to sell, I think I have one with the lighter centre disc, the other three being darker (I think) but I'm sure could be recoloured somehow:

5ZigenCenterCapstryharder3242349124.jpg5ZigenCenterCapstryHarder999123.jpg

They look the same as mine other than the logo in the center which is no bother to me as the outer alloy ring is all I need.