Bose sub replacement

roasty

Hi I am looking at replacing my Bose sub with something with a little more kick to it, but I want to keep the existing head unit is this possible?

I was thinking that I could link some sort of RCA converter to the existing wiring and then run an independent amp to the new sub is this possible as I don't reli want to do a full system install and want it to look as stock as possible on the inside.

£600 to replace a sub wow that's expensive done a complete audio install on my brothers car for £500 which included a double din head unit 6x9s, 6.5 comp and 2 10" subs lol (eBay is my friend haha)

Yh I understand I would need a new amp just wondered if an rca converter would work as the Bose system only kicks out 1/2 ohm

And then to which wires I would need to link into (I'm sure somebody must have tried before hence why I'm asking before I just delve into it and find its not possible)

• 1 month later...

I replaced mine with on of those custom built boxes that fits the space the old one was in. It driven by an an in the glove box. These take a 10" sub. I used plenty of damping matting and don't really suffer from rattles. It wasn't too bad to fit it. The best bit is that is doesn't use boot space and is totally stealth.

If you're not in any rush it's probably going to be up for sale in the next couple of months as the cars days are numbered :-(

• 2 months later...

hi wonder if anybody knows how you completley replace the bose system, is it best to re-wire the door and rear speakers or can the existing wiring be used ? i intend to fit a new head unit, sub and amp

andy bish

Edited by ajbish