Newly inducted into the 350z owner's club

21 sounds good if you're doing normal driving. i do a little pottering about town but the vast bulk is 2-5 hrs on the motorway to see a client. so my ave mpg is gonna be a lot higher than most

both cars i test drove showed the ave mpg at 9!

not sure how those tires compare, but there are plenty of members who do know their rubber. what i've gleaned from browsing about is the Michelin pilot super sports are one of the best to aim for if you can get a good price. i have no idea how it works, but they seem to have great grip in dry and wet, and yet somehow also have good durability too. sounds like black magic to be as normally you get a trade-off between grip and durability! as i'm not used to that much grip i've put them further down the list than some of the mechanical things i want to do first (eg service and a preventative replacement of the oil gallery gasket).

i think running costs in general are very reasonable, unless you contract zeditus, then you can kiss goodbye to all your money

Yeah, most of my driving is really local. Little to no motorway driving!

What's a set of those likely to set me back though? I've been thinking of going wider to increase my grip - but it's all just theoretical right now. Got lots of homework to do, haven't I?!

My last car was a heap that was plagued with issues so I hope I don't get the same luck with this one!

I expect changing wheel or tyre size would count as a mod, so chances are you'll have to wait before you can do that. when you're ready though you'll find info on what sizes you can play with and what you need to do to make it all fit (eg new alloys and/or spacers and even tweaks to the body). this forum is just that awesome :)

i think the 2 most important things to look out for are a long history of being driven on regular unleaded and also low oil pressure. once fully warmed up it should be at 30psi on tick over, and 60 psi at 60mph in 6th gear (or 2K rpm). if it's a lot lower than that then find a local expert to get it checked out.

prices vary and it's worth doing a check on all the tire sites when the time comes. but a quick check on 2 show the rears costing (fully fitted for 1 tire) £163 on one site and £179 discounted to £147 on another. i think you can get it even cheaper on some of the other sites but i havent gathered a short list of them all yet. fronts should be cheaper and that's all assuming your car is running on stock wheels. hmm, another site are quoting £129 for a rear, but i don't think that's fitted

Nowhere near as horrendous as I expected. I could get used to this!

I'll be jumping in the car in a few hours so will try to remember to check the oil pressure. I think it's fairly decent though.

As for the fuel history - there's no way of really knowing, is there? It's all about benefit of the doubt there!

So I have to drive it stock for a year and just keep crapping myself every time I get some speed up?

Best get down to primark to stock up on underwear.

Nowhere near as horrendous as I expected. I could get used to this!

I'll be jumping in the car in a few hours so will try to remember to check the oil pressure. I think it's fairly decent though.

As for the fuel history - there's no way of really knowing, is there? It's all about benefit of the doubt there!

So I have to drive it stock for a year and just keep crapping myself every time I get some speed up?

Best get down to primark to stock up on underwear.

no idea on the fuel, not without taking the engine to bits which would be expensive. got my fingers crossed the previous owners put the right stuff in mine too

not sure what feels wrong for you. mine has no-name tires on and feels very stable at speed. or do you mean cornering? i doubt you'd need wings on her at this stage, not after upgrading from a 307 :)

maybe it's bad rubber, or maybe the wheels need aligning? this is out of my depth really so you could try asking specific questions in the general or technical section of the forums. try to describe what feels wrong and i'm sure there will be a ton of advice on what to check and what to tweak. mention you're probably locked out of modding for the year too so they know what to focus on

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of arranging funds so I can buy my first 350z.The model I am thinking of getting is a convertible with automatic flappy paddles.I would appreciate what you guys think.

hi there faz, this is the introduction area of the forum so you'd be more than welcome to make your own thread and ask a few questions :)

i've not looked into the automatic options, and personally soft tops are not for me. the general rule of thumb is the 350z is a great car, so just get the flavour that suits your own tastes. the only time you really need other opinions is if you want to get a car that will be easy to sell on later. if you want the wind in your hair and flappy paddles to play with then go for it!

Oil seems to be okay - battery sits at 14/15 volts when the engine is running though. Isn't that a bit high?

Just experienced sticky clutch as well at a really bad time! I've heard that can be a bit of an issue with these cars. More to add to the to-do list!

What issue is that?

My right wing mirror also fails to fold back out occasionally!

so from 1K rpm if i very gently try to accelerate she will start to go, then stop and splutter, then kick in. really annoying when you're stuck in creeping traffic! not a problem if the road ahead if clear as she's quite happy to launch :)

it can be all sorts of things, but for my car the suspects is the air intake system. so that's getting a look over and clean up where needed. then over the next few month i'll be getting all the fluids replaced and just general service stuff to get her running as smooth as possible.

Ah, I've got a whole lot of expensive sounding excitement ahead! A service is definitely on the cards. I, too, will likely change out the fluids

So, apparently the clutch issue is the master cylinder. Lovely little job 10 days after getting the car -_-