Best model and spec

luigi

Hi guys, joined the forum to try and get some more info- I'm looking at buying my first ZED and need some help on the correct choice. I've got a budget of 7k and really looking for a blue or orange. Do I get a good early model or get a higher mileage rev up model? I'd rather the slightly better interior but is the xtra power noticeable? Your help would be appreciated. :)

kinda depends on your priorities. i'm very happy with my less than perfect 313 HR as i wanted a car that would rev higher than my last car. so i've put more emphasis on the engine and the cosmetics can be sorted out later (things like a crack in the bumper and scratched door panels). i did get very lucky on the price though as most HR's start at 8K, though they might drop again to 7K in the winter which is where they started at last winter when i first priced things up.

i did test drive a DE and an HR and to the untrained bum there was no real difference in speed. that said i did like how much further the revs went on the HR, but the rev up is slap bang in the middle of the first DE and the HR and will be priced much closer to budget.

so, what's best? for me i'd save up that bit longer for an HR, for you a mint condition DE might be a far better choice, that's all down to personal preference. naturally a well serviced car would trump over trim or engine type, but other than that, what does your gut tell you is more important?

• Like 1

I think there is a negligible difference between the DE/HR in terms of 'speed'. So it all comes down to how much you prefer the spruced up interior and cosmetic exterior changes.

The 50 market is all over the place at the moment. for 7k you could get a DE which is low mileage and has been cared for all its life. But you could also get a higher mileage HR that needs some love.

I would buy a Z on here that fits your budget and location. When you see it, you will know if its the one or not :)

Edited by 370Ad