Good-Bye Do-Luck

Pritchard

hey chaps.

i spent a bloody age trying to find a bodykit i liked.

finallly decided last xmas that i wanted the Do-Luck, and went ahead with it.

however, i measured my ground clearance all round before and after, and the front bumper cost me an inch of clearance (4" to 3"). this ruled me out of many speed bump locations in my area.

fast forward a few months, and i now scrap everytime i reverse onto my driveway... my driveway is flat. but with a small 'dip' at the drop curb.

at first i thought i was getting fat. but turns out i now have just 2" of ground clearance !!

my front suspension bushes are worn, and are already booked in for replacement. i assume thats where the additional right height has been lost.

but,

i have just bought a new house (wooo yayy cheer) which has an awesome driveway... but not for anyone in a wheelchair, let alone a lowered car. its a bit steep.

so looking ahead its a new driveway, or new bumper... bumper will be cheaper. But i do love my do-luck soooo much.

what to replace it with, i wonder.

What are peoples favorites? outside of the OEM + lip options please, im looking for a 'full' replacement, plus i dont have an OEM bumper anymore lol.

Are you still on OEM suspension?

If so, I'd be quite confident on wagering that it's how you approach your parking space as opposed to the bumper.

We all know my car is stupidly low, I've yet to scrape my bumper, and I attempt most speed bumps/inclines.

It's all about the approach, not the ride height (unless you are literally on the ground, then you're ****ed)

If so, I'd be quite confident on wagering that it's how you approach your parking space as opposed to the bumper.

We all know my car is stupidly low, I've yet to scrape my bumper, and I attempt most speed bumps/inclines.

It's all about the approach, not the ride height (unless you are literally on the ground, then you're ****ed)

Grundy also uses this theory for love making

But you never complain ...... If you never talk about these issues with him Steve I'm afraid it's always going to be the same

340bhp ..... Not a massive step up imo. But get your point . He's gone pretty quiet on the n/a tuning ;)

That doluck kit is exceptionally low even for after market stuff .

no I totally agree. But to spend say £7k on getting the same power as a HR just seem nuts to me. May as well buy a HR. But putting the money of a body kit in too. I think the 370 nismo is a good example.

Each to their own I know and it's definitely Prichards money so completely up to him.

But that would be my suggestion and I haven't seen any of the meets a nismo. So will get just as much attention.

• Like 1

But you never complain ...... If you never talk about these issues with him Steve I'm afraid it's always going to be the same

You either really want in or Adrian is at the other end of your string s

i've seen air suspension in the flesh. spoke to Mr VeilsideZ at a couple of meets. i dont think its for me.

im afraid its not the approach, the sides of the bumper are lower than the center so by taking it at a sideways angle what you gain in a shorter distance between bumper and leading wheel you loose with height anyway ... in better english, still scraps.

but if you saw this drive, its steep.

but, i still havent had a single suggestion of an alternative front bumper :lol: - discounting nismo as its a different car :)

(quiet on the n/a side? read post 1 of this thread, and post 1 of the n/a thread :lol: )

but, i still havent had a single suggestion of an alternative front bumper :lol: - discounting nismo as its a different car :)

Veilside

Chargespeed

Ings

Fabulous

Top Secret

etc

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/32517-full-bodykit-and-spoiler-list/

Fill your boots with the above, plenty of suggestions, but whether they achieve what you want is a different story, without fitting and trying as you found out, there is no way of knowing ;)