Rubbing rubber!

Chris Wiltshire

Hi,

So got round to fitting my ES2 Varrstoens with pilot sports.

Fronts are 245/35/19 on a 9.5 et12 rim

Backs are 275/35/19 on a 10.5 et12 rim.

This seems to be a popular set up which doesn't usually seem to rub.

I'm not lowered at all however going around corners more than 20/30mph and over speed bumps I get a loud scrape sound coming from the rears, should is rub this easy?

Looking downwards from the arch there is a little bit of tread visible from outside the arch, theres rub marks just on the outside of this. (Trying to upload photos but photo bucket is down at the moment).

Car has 95k miles, could this just be simple as worn shocks? Would an alignment with camber adjustment help along with rolling the arches?

Chris

Edited by Chris Wiltshire

My set up is same except rears are only 10".

On OEM suspension there was no rubbing, but when I put coilovers on and lowered by 20mm I started getting arch rubbing. A trip to The Arch Enemy solved the problem.

I suspect that extra 1/2"on your rear is why you will get rubbing at standard ride height.

David

Edited by Tinyflier

Will try and find a place that will roll the arches then, not sure if arch enemy will roll arches down this way.

Another thing, what pressures are you running on your set up?

Thinking of 32 front and 34 rear?

Yep same on mine BUT I seriously doubt that I am that good as to be able to detect a difference of a couple of psi in road (even fast road) use.

On track (and I have a lot of race car experience) yes a few PSI can be noticeable as you have same corner repetition so get used to how a car will feel on a given corner but road use - hmmm - debatable.

Will try and find a place that will roll the arches then, not sure if arch enemy will roll arches down this way.

Another thing, what pressures are you running on your set up?

Thinking of 32 front and 34 rear?

I used to run 35psi all round with the same tyre sizes Chris. I found that to be perfect for on road imo. ;)