Strut Brace Spacers

jimmy.farrow7

Just a quick one, i have a summit strut brace and it fits tight against the plenum, has anyone fitted a spacer to there strut brace or have any idea what could be used to give a few MM clearance, also may want to fit a plenum spacer in the future so will either need clearance or find a new brace or no spacer!.

I found mine touched the plenum also and thats with a plenum spacer and spacers for the strut to accommodate the plenum spacer. I didn't have the car long enough after all this was fitted to do anything about it, but I'd be looking to add another 5mm of spacers to each strut bolt.

Mine is touching the plenum slightly now more to the right hand side than the left. I spoke to Wasso and he supplys the plenum spacer with the stuff to rise the strut brace

Same place mine touched. As I said, I had the spacers from Wasso and it still touched, not Wasso's fault, it's Summit's.

Mine is touching the plenum slightly now more to the right hand side than the left. I spoke to Wasso and he supplys the plenum spacer with the stuff to rise the strut brace

Same place mine touched. As I said, I had the spacers from Wasso and it still touched, not Wasso's fault, it's Summit's.

I had a Summit also, and it rubbed on the right hand side as well. The next issue is that if you increase the height of the Summit too much, you'll then be rubbing on the hood, which is what happened to me. You can't win Summit struts aren't very well designed to be honest. With spacer or without!

• Like 1