MAF cleaning

Dashurik

Car drives fine,no dashboard warning lights etc.But noticed my MPG worsened for last few month.Far too many trips to petrol station. Don't think my driving style changed,but its mainly London traffic and spirutual driving. I may suspect that my MAF is dirty and may need cleaning!!? Will that make a difference? Will I need to reset ECU after that? What is the general view on cleaning MAF and throttle body on 350z?

Reading on here, the throttle body clean on the DE is no big drama but the HR has the potential to make the ECU go bananas. MAF is delicate, copy what someone else on here has done before without breaking it :lol:. I'd personally disconnect the battery and pump the brakes a few times before touching any of it, but some people like to live more dangerously.

There's a load of threads on this, copy this into google and fill your boots - site:350z-uk.com clean throttle body

DISCLAIMER - you breaking anything is nothing to do with me, for info only here!

Track your milage. Could be you are suffering from the fuel gauge being up 1/4 of the tank out as you drive.

I thought my MPG was dropping drastically until I clocked what was going on when I could only get 60 litres into the tank when refilling from empty :)