Deactivating/ removing passenger airbag

Siman350z

Having researched this and found it is possible, has anyone got exact details and a UK garage/ person who could do this? Ideally I'm after a switch but would consider removal if essential.

Looking at fitting a baby seat in (for occasional use in the future) and this would need to be done due to all sorts of laws/ safety requirements.

It's probably possible but don't forget there are also side airbags, obviously all there for a reason. I would also like to be able to carry my 2 year old in the zed but after an accident I could easily replace a car. Not worth the risk fella. Find alternative arrangements until they are old enough.

ðŸ‘

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having researched this and found it is possible, has anyone got exact details and a UK garage/ person who could do this? Ideally I'm after a switch but would consider removal if essential.

Looking at fitting a baby seat in (for occasional use in the future) and this would need to be done due to all sorts of laws/ safety requirements.

Not a good idea mate. :surrender:

The big question is HOW MUCH you wanna keep your Zed.

I was truly smitten when I bought mine in 05 expecting a sprog free life.

In 08 Isabella came along.

Our other car was a 2006 mini so pressure was on me to change the zed.

Amazingly we managed for 3 years using the Mini as our family car......then sprog number 2 came along!

Pressure once again to sell up.

Convinced the missus that the Mini cost peanuts to run as a third car and bought a Kia Sportage keeping the Zed.

Now both my kids are able to ride in the Zed and love it.

Our family is complete, wife, 2 kids and my Zed :teeth:

The biggest hurdle is the first year insurance with zero ncb on a 2nd car.

With 1 yr ncb the insurance for me dropped to £295. Along with tax at about £200 and servicing at £100-200 it is not much more than the depreciation on selling the zed and paying to change (probably up) with associated future depreciation hit there too.

Interesting story- now babies yet, only plans. It may be that I sell up before getting to that stage. Amusingly, I originally thought the 370z came with isofix and a switch (must have been dodgy info on autotrader or similar) and was one reason to think about moving on from the 350z.

I have a 70 mile a day commute so could keep mine (like a good car for the miles) and buy a tatty 3rd car, or a 4x4 or similar (we live in deep countryside so would be handy), but not sure on baby costs+ 3rd car.

The wife has a large coupe with big boot so would be fine for baby too...so maybe we could cope with the 2 cars (she loves cars also so no pressure to buy anything dull)