Thruxton - Friday 11th September

Commander

sounds like a good day! should have had the weather for it at least. Get some pictures up :thumbs:

also, what are you doing on here so soon? doesn't the trackday finish at 5pm? normally the organisers have to physically drag us off the circuit at the end of the day, no going home early for us!

Thanks mate, good meeting you too!

Was an awesome day out, GTR passed noise test :D and went out. With the new R888s the car is so quick on track, Im back to falling out of the seat (butt cheek on centre console and butt cheek between seat and door), but the MX5 did far more laps, with many more drivers and was great fun! Finally got to spin the MX5 :)

Oddly, I didnt actually take any pictures or videos.... was too busy driving or going out in other cars, what a great day!!

Nearly didn't make this! Took the car out for a test during the week, and again on Thursday night - all good. Come Friday morning it had bust a coil pack and was running like a dog! :-/ One small mission through rush hour traffic to ECP later and I had the spare part, got it fitted and headed down at warp factor ten. Arrived late but they were good enough to let me out just in time for the final sighting laps.

Never been to Thruxton before, or anywhere else like it really - brilliantly scary and technical track! Village to Church definitely wins for scariest corner.

Who was the guy in the Silver Z? I think it was charged and had the rear spoiler lip removed.

Nearly didn't make this! Took the car out for a test during the week, and again on Thursday night - all good. Come Friday morning it had bust a coil pack and was running like a dog! :-/ One small mission through rush hour traffic to ECP later and I had the spare part, got it fitted and headed down at warp factor ten. Arrived late but they were good enough to let me out just in time for the final sighting laps.

Never been to Thruxton before, or anywhere else like it really - brilliantly scary and technical track! Village to Church definitely wins for scariest corner.

Who was the guy in the Silver Z? I think it was charged and had the rear spoiler lip removed.

Were you in a Z or BMW?

Church is my favourite corner :) In the MX5 I was foot flat in 4th and very right on the redline.... got a fair bit sideways on the exit at about 105mph :D