1st Time Wiring in Head Unit - JVC

So its my first time changing a head unit. I enjoy a challenge so thought I would give it a go based on some advice and videos! :scare:

Fed up of the skipping 6 CD Changer :rant: so got a simple DAB JVC unit KW-DB60AT

Got all the connections and facsia thanks to Buster for the links

xk3V42m.jpg

Old Bits that came with the unit from the guy I bought it from (Not sure if any of the bits will be useful, no idea what car it came out of)

fbauLTw.jpg

New bits - Loom, Steering Wheel control & Facsia

HyaevSD.jpg

Think thats all I need. Right? Its a Non Bose system so Hopefully its fairly simple! :lol:

Never taken any trim off before so using this video for reference . . . .

Going to do this on Saturday - wish the first timer good luck and any tips you have would be great. :teeth:

make sure your earth's are good otherwise you'll end up with whizzing and suppression noises. Not nice. lol Good Luck

Thanks for advice - When you say "good" what would you deem a "good" earth? :wacko:

Just connected securely to the chassis, I found a nice big bolt just behind the gear shift and never had any issues with alternator whine or hissing :thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

make sure your earth's are good otherwise you'll end up with whizzing and suppression noises. Not nice. lol Good Luck

Thanks for advice - When you say "good" what would you deem a "good" earth? :wacko:

Just connected securely to the chassis, I found a nice big bolt just behind the gear shift and never had any issues with alternator whine or hissing :thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will look out for that one. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing it fitted. I wonder if the 370 stereos will follow the same traits as the old 350. :wacko:

More than likely :crutches:

Just getting fed up with the skipping and I had a DAB in last car which was rather good. Not to mention the old school look with a tape deck!! :scare:

Okay need help - All works fine, put it all back together. But I have just gone back to the car and the memory has gone. All the stations/presets etc

Done some searching on web, seems there are two lives (Ignition on live and Constant live)! Everything else works fine. Any ideas which wires I need to change? :surrender:

red and yellow.

Buster to the rescue . . . :yahoo:

So what should I do? Swap the yellow and red around??????

Found this online as cannot find any wiring diagrams in my Z manual :wacko:

Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: Yellow

Radio Switched 12V+ Wire: Light Green

Radio Ground Wire: Chassis

Radio Illumination Dimmer Wire: Red/Blue

Radio Antenna Trigger Wire: Green/White

Radio Amplifier Turn On Wire: Green/Yellow

Left Front Speaker Wireicon1.png (+): Blue/Red

Left Front Speaker Wire (-): Black/White

Right Front Speaker Wire (+): Yellow/Red

Right Front Speaker Wire (-): Red/White

Left Rear Speaker Wire (+): Light Green/Red

Left Rear Speaker Wire (-): Black/Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Wire (+): Blue/Orange

Right Rear Speaker Wire (-): Black/Pink

All done. :yahoo: I found that the Red and Yellow had been cut and switched previously, was easy to rectify as was done with Male / Female connector. Simple resolution.

Thanks for everyones help, particularly Buster. :teeth:

Finished & Installed. DAB, Non Skipping CD, USB and cool light colours!

1tkqoq0.jpg