Coilovers

CJRamze

Afternoon Everyone.

I've been through a bunch of threads but I've not had too much feedback on exactly what I'm looking for so I decided to create my own thread.

I've gone for some Torqen coilovers and I'm excited to get them on the car, but This is my first ever time lowering a car.

Most of my previous hot hatches have not really required it but this time I wanted to go for some adjustable stance so I bought some coilovers.

I do however live somewhere where I HAVE to go over speedbumps regardless of the direction I leave my street there are a bunch to my left and a single one to my right.

They are not extreme like some of the ones I've seen in London but they are speedbumps all the same.

I was thinking of opting for a 20mm drop, I'm not going for extreme stance and as I live in south wales I fully intend on visiting those beautiful hills and having a hoon so I don't want to drop it too low as the roads are not flat! I've also been made aware of camber issues when going too low.

Whats the most do you think that I should drop that wont result in camber/toe issues and will still allow me to clear speedbumps?

And how low can you take it without Camber/Toe issues?

I was thinking 30mm but I don't want to damage my Ark exhaust (She purty) so 20mm?

Cheers

Only you know how low you can go re speedbumps, but that will also depend on how stiff you want to run the dampers. If the dampers are stiffer then you can run a bit lower, but then the ride on the road will be gash.

Start at 20mm and see how you go. And don't feel you have to run the dampers the same stiffness front to rear, whilst I don't know the exact specs of the Torqen dampers usually on a front engined car you'd run the fronts stiffer than the rear, depending on what handling characteristics you're after of course.

I had BC coils dropped to 30mm and ARK exhaust on the 370z when I bought it. I left half of the exhaust in Wales, you can still see the scrapes on the tarmac in Evo triangle, Devils bridge etc

Start with 20mm and go from there. In case you need to adjust rear camber, the arms are not very expensive, only about £159 for the rear camber arms from what I remember. See how they feel, let them settle for a few days driving and report here :)

Afternoon Everyone.

I've been through a bunch of threads but I've not had too much feedback on exactly what I'm looking for so I decided to create my own thread.

I've gone for some Torqen coilovers and I'm excited to get them on the car, but This is my first ever time lowering a car.

Most of my previous hot hatches have not really required it but this time I wanted to go for some adjustable stance so I bought some coilovers.

I do however live somewhere where I HAVE to go over speedbumps regardless of the direction I leave my street there are a bunch to my left and a single one to my right.

They are not extreme like some of the ones I've seen in London but they are speedbumps all the same.

I was thinking of opting for a 20mm drop, I'm not going for extreme stance and as I live in south wales I fully intend on visiting those beautiful hills and having a hoon so I don't want to drop it too low as the roads are not flat! I've also been made aware of camber issues when going too low.

Whats the most do you think that I should drop that wont result in camber/toe issues and will still allow me to clear speedbumps?

And how low can you take it without Camber/Toe issues?

I was thinking 30mm but I don't want to damage my Ark exhaust (She purty) so 20mm?

Cheers

Lowered mine by 20mm (we were aiming for 15 but it was towards the end of long day at Kaizers!).

I would be reluctant to go any lower, at 20mm my sidesteps have rubbed sligtly on a couple of particularily vicious car park entry/exits - nothing major but it does make you wince!)

David

Cheers Guys, will try 20mm and see how we go from there. Its a weekend car but I do have the occasional speedbump.

Thanks guys! Will come back to you guys, they are fitted on the 4th

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 with Tapatalk