Time to get my Zed (Help please!)

Diddstar

Hi all,

I am relatively new to the forum, I signed up a few months ago, however I unfortunately do not own a Zed yet, and I am now ready to get one (as soon as I shift my old car, SAAB 93 if anyone is interested haha).

I have been looking (properly looking) for the past month or so, and every time I see one that is the perfect spec for me it disappears.

I am under the impression I am going about this the wrong way, I've been looking on Autotrader/Pistonheads/Ebay (rarely) and Trade link etc, ohh and of course "Zeds for sale" like every other day! This is mainly due to naivety, it would be much appreciated if anyone on this very helpful forum could point me in the right direction or if they know someone who is selling or wants to sell.

My spec requirement is rather picky, sorry about that just want something I'll be happy with for the many years I plan to keep this car

(Spec):

> 100% has to be Manual

> 100% Set on Coupe

> Preferably GT

> 2005 (55) or earlier (to avoid £500 tax)

> Leather seats

> Rays (we all want these)

> Preferably Black, Azure Blue or Gun metal, however if the car is bob on then I'm not too particular on colour. (everything looks amazing on black rays) :)

> Not too fussed about mileage but would prefer if it is under 80k

I like to think I am fairly mechanically adept but I lack the tools and facilities to carry out some repairs should the car have some issues.

Sorry to be picky, if anyone can help please PM me or reply in the thread, thanks a million for taking the time to read my post!

Best Regards

Diddstar (Ryan)

Edited by Diddstar

Apart from colour you are specific, which is absolutely fine, but you may have to increase your budget as you are looking at the lower spectrum for 350's, so you may have to miss out on leather or rays. I dont really see things like that as a problem though, there is an immaculate pair of leather seats for sale circa £300 in the for sale section or rays (same sort of price) are always for sale, which you could always add at a later date as an example. I wouldnt get too hung on up those sorts of things as they are easily bought, car condition is far more important imho.

If not just be patient till you find the right car, your looking in all the right places.

Mine would be within your price range and ticks all the boxes bar the colour. I was initially after gun metal but after seeing a silver in the flesh, it's actually a lot nicer than pictures make out.

Going to book it in for Friday to have the compression arm / drop links done. Apart from that you'd need to factor in a few hundred to sort the bubbling out but it's only surface and small.

Price is negotiable although not too desperate to sell so won't be going for daft money.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/100025-350z-53-silver-uk-gt-71k-south-cumbria-6200/