torque damper for engine!!! any one got it?

shire350Z

was thinking about getting one and wondered if any1 had got one and wether it did make any difference what so ever as its supposed to do alot!!!

also do they fit under the engine cover as standard or do u have to modify it??

plus wheres best to get one from price wise cheers again all!!!!

Do you mean an engine damper?

They are meant to reduce movement of the engine, which increases the initial torque when you press the accelerator and its meant to help make gearshift changes slicker. In all honesty i dont think the Zed needs it. Ive got one on my DC5 but thats because ive got a full through aftermarket exhaust and i need it to prevent vibration on the ARB.

i replaced all the mounts on my old car with vibratech mounts which did make a big difference, you would be suprised how much the engine moves under acceleration, braking ,cornering and de-celeration

it definitely improved acceleration as it takes the drive up quicker

i have only heard of one person who bought the torque damper but at the time they hadnt fitted it....so i would be interested in to hear a review

Weapon R Engine Torque Damper

This high quality Weapon R engine damper effectively controls your engines physical rotation due to torque. Factory engine mounts allow your engine to rotate slightly. This rotation causes a loss of torque that is trying to be delivered to the drivetrain. By installing a torque damper that rotation is reduced and the torque is delivered to your drivetrain making your vehicle faster and more responsive.

i replaced all the mounts on my old car with vibratech mounts which did make a big difference, you would be suprised how much the engine moves under acceleration, braking ,cornering and de-celeration

it definitely improved acceleration as it takes the drive up quicker

i have only heard of one person who bought the torque damper but at the time they hadnt fitted it....so i would be interested in to hear a review

Weapon R Engine Torque Damper

This high quality Weapon R engine damper effectively controls your engines physical rotation due to torque. Factory engine mounts allow your engine to rotate slightly. This rotation causes a loss of torque that is trying to be delivered to the drivetrain. By installing a torque damper that rotation is reduced and the torque is delivered to your drivetrain making your vehicle faster and more responsive.

Ive got Energy engine mounts ready to fit. But still, i really dont think the Zed needs them IMHO...

yeah adam sells them at like 100quid delivered wondered if any1 knew where they sold them cheaper as wunt mind one but not paying that much!!

without sounding a tight arse!!! :lol:

Thats about the going rate to be truthfull. i doubt you'll see many 2nd hand ones either. Try the american sites or even ebay.com

here you go: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=350z+engine+damper&category0=

Ive got the Ingalls one for my DC5.

I had one on a fwd drive car i had, but that was twice stock hp and they had a tendency to destroy engine mounts so used one to stop this which it did very well.

Really unless you are driving very hard all the time or launching very hard then really they are just unecesary underbonnet bling ;)

• 2 weeks later...
what your saying u get more cabin and steerin wheel vibration with a torque damper??

Yes, its using the cars structure to reduce the vibrations of the engine. The vibrations then transfer to the cabin and steering. Slightly better steering feel and more noise inside the cabin. I noticed it straight away when i first fitted it but now it just seems normal.

i didnt get an instructions with it so i need to find a pic of one fitted to see where it goes :blush:

You should get a little flat metal plate that fits over the top of your strut studs (where your strut bar is screwed to the car) so this would go under your strut bar. You should then have a bent piece of metal with 2 holes in it. this should fit over the engine stud.

In fact check out adams web page..

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=350z&cat=engine&prodid=2540