-
Posts
4,548 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by nurrish
-
WoooHoooo Part 1 of my I.C.E Complete (now fitted)
nurrish replied to nurrish's topic in I.C.E & Electronics
Well here it is fully installed..... also a video of it in action...bit shaky http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2rwp5r7&s=4 -
WoooHoooo Part 1 of my I.C.E Complete (now fitted)
nurrish replied to nurrish's topic in I.C.E & Electronics
I have an 05 z so i brought the cubby hole from a 03 z. The unit it self is £113.00 shipped directly from china. Then its really just man hours. But because i work in a PC workshop i have had alot of tools and bits at my disposable. When im finished im looking to write up a full detailed guide -
WoooHoooo Part 1 of my I.C.E Complete (now fitted)
nurrish replied to nurrish's topic in I.C.E & Electronics
No need mate as it has its own batteries on board.....Im good to run it for a bout an hour before it cuts out.... It also enters sleep mode after so many minutes of inactivity so all i do is press the switch i installed and within a second it all comes to life -
My 350Z, arrived yesterday :-)
nurrish replied to Adriank's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Daaaaaaaaamn Love that colour -
WoooHoooo Part 1 of my I.C.E Complete (now fitted)
nurrish replied to nurrish's topic in I.C.E & Electronics
More pics Installed switch Extended the GPS Ariel and the speaker Theres no sat nav here.....honest..... Igo 8 operating with the latest maps Paired with my iphone perfectly....extended the mic too which will be right by the steering wheel I installed a push switch out of an old pc to power on the device and to turn off / put into sleep mode Here is the guts.....a bit plastic fantastic but it does the job and nobody will seee it -
WoooHoooo Part 1 of my I.C.E Complete (now fitted)
nurrish replied to nurrish's topic in I.C.E & Electronics
You may have a little business going !!! Would be interested in seeing some pics of the video quality if you can So have you cut into the 12v at the back or you just popping the lead out from the trim and then using the included adapter? Do the adapters stay "live" when you take the keys out and lock the car? Careful mounting the iphone in the ash tray, you will keep knocking it when you change gear! I think someone does a mount that fits to the left of the centre console... Shame you cant get the ipod control on the screen as it is touch screen... If its CE someone must have created a little prog like the ones you get on the Alpine / Pioneer... Oh, what did you use to "fix" the screen? I just used the included adapter which plugs into the front and its cable tucked up and pushed into the cubby hole. Looks nice to be honest as you cant see any cables just a bit of the adapter. Once the ignition is turned off the power cuts off too. I will get a picture up of what it looks like. Yeah you may be right about the ipod mount in the ash tray will look into the alternative places. I will have the ipod controls on the screen and also the artwork which is displayed on my iphone. I would just need to use the apple remote control to skip track. Also going to wire the sound in so that it works whilst using the navigation settings!!! I know all this sounds pretty ambitious but this is my area of expertise!!! For the screen i used "Strong as nails" which is like a silicone but stronger. Will keep it in place -
WoooHoooo Part 1 of my I.C.E Complete (now fitted)
nurrish replied to nurrish's topic in I.C.E & Electronics
video in is any composite source....so video console, reverse cam whatever really I only got it today and the first thing i did was rip it open Powering it by the 12v cigarette lighter Going to look even better when im finished. Going to mount an ipod dock in the ash tray with the composite leads going into the screen. Then i can control my iphone music with the supplied remote control. Just need to get it altogether and hopefully i will have a pretty neat setup -
WoooHoooo Part 1 of my I.C.E Complete (now fitted)
nurrish replied to nurrish's topic in I.C.E & Electronics
Been stealing supermarket checkouts? LOL.....in fact i use to install them for sainsburys......there actually just PC's -
WoooHoooo Part 1 of my I.C.E Complete (now fitted)
nurrish replied to nurrish's topic in I.C.E & Electronics
Here is what i used http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-TFT-Touch-Screen-GPS-Map-Bluetooth-FM-Rear-view-h587_W0QQitemZ330258157557QQihZ014QQcategoryZ156954QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262 The board is actually quite big so i may need to mod it a bit before i stick it in the cubby hole. I'll get pics on how i get on soon -
WoooHoooo Part 1 of my I.C.E Complete (now fitted)
nurrish replied to nurrish's topic in I.C.E & Electronics
Kind of mate.....Its an embedded PC running windows C.E. Its basically a full computer just miniturised -
Well here you go part one done. System includes: GPS navigation Bluetooth phone integration Movie player Music Player Video in ( Going to link my iphone up to this) Stage two will be very interesting and you'll have to wait to find out Looking to get this all up and running by the weekend
-
I was going to ask whereabouts in Solihull you live but after telling me you like photos of knobs i'll give it a miss! It'd probably be okay but the pics didnt load! tee hee... only a bit of fun mate...but i do honestly need a new gear knob!! I live in olton how bout you?
-
My knob is looking a bit worn......May need to upgrade my knob soon Liking the look of those knobs posted
-
WTF!?!?!?!!?!??!? 7.5" +40 +45 I've already posted on this thread once, but once more: Rota's in GM and 19" are available for decent money Anyone that goes down in size, unless its for a day at the track, needs castrating..... A quote taken from http://www.torquecars.com/nissan/350z-tuning.php Nissan 350z Wheel modifications. The benefits of alloy wheels include a lower unsprung weight and more efficient brake cooling. Large 350z alloy wheels can decrease performance. If you get big alloy wheels you will be changing your final drive ratio. Although some people have gone larger we would stick to a 17 or 18 inch rim size as the maximum on the 350's. Try to keep the overall rotational diameter the same as the standard wheels.
-
ok ok ok enough of the 17s talk check these out http://www.potn.co.uk/p1040486.htm i have brembos will these clear them?? I have looked through all the threads on the wheels section but i cant quite get my head around what i really need in terms of offset and other mumbo jumbo!!!! All i wants is i nice set of light weight wheels that dont cost an arm and my left nut!!
-
well i'll keep on looking....i am quite taken by those wheels though.... suggestions of wheels / sites would be handy if you got time
-
Yeah i agree with you there matey.....But going on weight these 17s weigh 5.1kg each! Just imagining those 17s lowered could look quite smooth...... The last thing i want is big chunky wheels slowing me down Maybe i could set a new trend
-
Im not a big fan of big wheels to be honest....I wouldnt mind going smaller as its a bit different...I like different What you reckon on these http://www.potn.co.uk/p1040471.htm with a set of falkens too. Could even lower it.......
-
Currently i have standard 18s and im looking to pick up some new 18s but i am undecided in what colour to get them in.....I have pretty much decieded to go for rota wheels as they are light weight...Just stuck on the colour.....Dont wanna buy what i like but turn out to look stupid against the grey gun metal... Also would 17s look odd?? Am i right in thinking they will acheive a more comfortable ride? Any experience welcomed
-
Before my Zed i have owned 8 cars!!! And im only 24!!! 1st - Ford Fiesta 1.0 - Bag of nails 2nd - Ford Fiesta 1.1 - sack of spanners 3rd - Renualt Clio 1.2 - ok 4th - Audi A3 1.8 - Meh 5th - VW Passat Syncro V6 2.8!! - woooo this was a beaute!! 6th - VW Golf Estate 1.9 TDI - Damn work!! 7th - BMW 318i - old 92 car ran like a sack of sh*t 8th - Citroen C2 Code 1.6i - Aint a chav..... Love the Z as its the car ive desired for over 2 years! Love every minute im driving it! Cant see me parting with the Z for a good while.....maybe when the GTR's start falling to low 20's
-
1. Beavis +1........................2 x carvery 2. martinmac +1 .................2 x carvery 3. AndySpak........................Too Scared 4. Shire +1.......................... 5. Stanski +1 .....................1 x carvery 1 x veggie 6. Little Miss........................ 7. Squarehead+1................2 x carvery 8. Maccaman .....................1 x carvery 9. H5.................................. 10. flirt............................... 11. Chesterfield + 1............2 x carvery 12. M13KYF +1...................1 x carvery 1 x veggie 13. IanS16 +1..................... 14. Drewbie........................ 15. nurrish +1.....................2 x carvery 16. Chris`I +1................... 17. nixu +1....................... 18. xStric9x +1 (TBC)........ 19. jonb ...........................1 x carvery 20. RobD7 +1.................... 21. Stew +1 (TBC).............. 22. Lomoto .......................1 x carvery 23. Jotun +1 .....................2 x carvery 24. Rentech+1...................2 x carvery 25. ricardo........................2 x carvery 26. Neil + 1.......................2 x carvery 27. DaveJ +1.................... 2 x carvery
-
Check out this one.... http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/NISSAN+350+Z/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294966394-4294967243/advert.action?R=200837318686739&distance=69&postcode=B92+7DL&channel=CARS&make=NISSAN&model=350+Z&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage= If i hadn't recently brought mine i would of ripped this guys arm off!!! such a lovely colour and great spec for the monies!!!!!
-
Well not really seeing as in wires directly into the head unit and is tuned on dedicated unused frequency's. But that one your using seems pretty good.
-
OK i have found a solution for any body who is interested http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/Universal_FM_Modulator/Dension_ice%3ELink_FM_Modulator Apparently this is supposed to work pretty well and is the only real viable option to get an auxiliary input to our factory bose head units. Maybe this could go into a sticky to help people like me looking to get an auxiliary input from an external source
-
i have uk bose system without sat nav. all the adapters i have found connect via the cd changer port.