-
Posts
6,092 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Darren-B
-
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
Quick update for today, only had just over 2hours as I left work late removed the wing mirrors the other day. There not original but are staying for a while, they only had flat mirror in them so the view angle was utterly crap. So removed the glass Got a couple of convex mirrors from halfrauds of all places Used the original as a template Then cut down to size & re-fitted to the surrounding Next was the re-wire of the RHS lights, so removed the wheel & old sealed light Found plenty of desert dust Fitted the new headlamp unit & rewired the indicator & side lights. I now have a UK legal 240z (well the front lights anyway) sidelights on Dipped Headlights Then I quickly swapped out the RHS steering gator which wasn't damaged but thought I may as well do the pair. Had an update from the company supplying my rear euro/jdm taillights, they were shipped today & should be with me tuesday I feel an MOT coming along very soon -
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
I don't want it to look to modern, the 240z IMO looks great standard, although I will be going for some ROTA RB's at some point & possibly the BRE rear boot lip. Will also be re-wiring the whole car with a complete custom loom & introducing a few relays for the higher powered bits. Yep, this is not going to be a half hearted attempt, everything will be stripped & restored or replaced like new -
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
I know mate, I've been keeping you on your feet for years, without me EVERYTHING would be upside down We do need a catchup soon -
Injector Dynamics 725cc Brand new set of 6 £600 Delivered
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Is there no-one on here looking to go FI & in need of some of the best injectors on the market? -
Injector Dynamics 725cc Brand new set of 6 £600 Delivered
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Is there no-one on here looking to go FI & in need of some of the best injectors on the market? -
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
Thanks Ian, It's going to be a lot of work & I may need a few bits polished if your interested? -
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
Well quick update, had a couple of hours on the car this evening so tackled the left side starting with the broken exhaust hanger drilled out the broken studs & pop riveted it back onto the chassis in a sandwich of etch primer Then welded the bugger as I didn't think the rivets would hold out very long Ground off the slag quick seal with some primer Then a top coat of underseal Re- attached the exhaust hanger Just a quick temporary fix to get it through the MOT, will be taking it all off again when I fully strip the car Next on the agender was the split steering rack gator, got a pair of new ones (205 GTI) removed the track-rod slid the new one on & re-attached the track rod, then filled with grease Then I decided to start on the UK light conversion. So removed the old sealed beam light Old one is on the right, new on the left has sidelight bulb fitting & H4 high & dipped beam. Jiggled around with the wiring, took the power from the side marker & plumbed it into the sidelight, then took the power from the indicator & plumbed it into the side marker to make it an indicator. Next thing I knew it was dark & I was ready for a rest. Hopefully I'll get the right hand side done tomorrow -
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
Interior should look something like this once restored -
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
I think I'm going to stick with the original colour 918 Orange with White interior http://www.zhome.com/History/ZColorGallary/ -
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
It's the humidity that kills the cars over here. When I bought my 370z @ 2 & a bit years old, garaged it's whole life with a mere 6k on the clock it had 10x the rust on the underside than this car has. It's amazing that I can wipe my finger over bolts underneath the car & they are shiny. When I removed the cover for the windscreen wiper motor, 4x phillips head screws, probably never touched in 43 years, they came straight out. try removing a bolt on a uk 350 or 370 & they just snap off. I was talking to my mate earlier who is into IT & web stuff. He said he could sort me out a domain & webpage for the build when it starts. So that should be fun -
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
Well a little update already: I removed the wiper mechanism & motor/gearbox stripped down & rebuilt with fresh grease, now they move at a decent pace. Replaced the washer motor & hoses, now that works too. Replacement RHD headlights arrived today, just need to rewire the side markers to indicators & move the side marker power supply to the new sidelights in the uk headlights. Have ordered myself a set of jdm/euro tai lights rather than loosing reverse lights in place of indicators. Also ordered a set of steering gators as one is split. 205gti ones are the same apparently, So by the weekend it should be ready for an MOT -
553bhp & 465 lb/ft 370Z Full Amuse with Greddy Twin Turbo
Darren-B replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Member Build Projects
Nice to catch up today Adrian Glad we got to sort out some aesthetics -
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
I'll try but I'm not going to rush it, will have to see how it goes. -
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
Hassan are you in the UK at present? If so can you give me a text tomorrow? -
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
Well when Wasso gives up with the ls3 conversion I'll happily take it off his hands & make use of it. As per stock or modified look you will have to wait & see. Lefty or righty I'm not sure yet, I know someone who can reverse engineer the bulk head if need be -
Hi all. As most of you may know, I've been without a zed since May & it's been so boring. I bought my first zed a 2004 350z GT in 2007 & over the years modified it to suit my requirements Suspension, Meister-R coilovers, fully adjustable arms, ARB's, Drop Linkks, Brakes, uprated disc's & pads, POWER! Vortech V3 SC with supporting mods, Exedy stage 2 clutch & flywheel, Miltek SS exhaust, I then sold the car in 2013 & lasted two days until I bought another 2011 370z GT modified it to suit my POWER addiction with a GTM stage 1.5 SC & supporting mods, Stillen exhaust But now I've decided to go back to basics with a 1971 240z, I have always loved the 240's. I've bought the car as a project to restore it back to it's original glory. It took me quite some time to find this car, I wanted a good base car to start with, one with most of the original parts & no major floor or chassis rust (which is nigh on impossible) So the car is a late 1971 240z with the 1972 spec. The good points: It's an almost unmolested 240z 1 owner from new Has spent it's life in California virtually rust free Nearly everything works It has AC It has the 5-speed Manual All new brakes & lines All the interior trim & vinyl is in good condition Engine is good It drifts! The bad points: It's had a yank style blow over, & is sun damaged Theres a small patch of rust on the passenger floor Window washer doesn't work It has the L28 engine from a 280z Steering rack/track rod end is knocking Bonnet has a bit of damage rear quarter has a bit of damage chrome bumpers have a few dents small scrape on cill The seats have been re-covered in black (not-white) exhaust hanger broken The wheels! The plan is to get the steering sorted, washers, lights re-wired & converted to UK spec, get the car MOT'd & registered. Then drive the car for a bit before the weather goes to find any underlying issues. Then it's going to be a complete strip back to metal full restoration of the entire car. Loaded on the transporter On my way home selfie Back home after a 700mile round trip Interior Engine bay Light cill damage Bonnet damage, only aesthetic, so not to bothered rear quarter damage Had to see if I could bring the paint up to be a bit more presentable. Just need to do the rest of it now
-
SET1 - With AJRFulton SET2 - With Flyboy - received but not updated yet SET3 - With ZZZ_2306 SET4 - With bodeboo -
-
553bhp & 465 lb/ft 370Z Full Amuse with Greddy Twin Turbo
Darren-B replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Member Build Projects
Well after lots of blood, sweat, bruises & burns, octet leaving early I can proudly announce that the car is now a TT 370z firing on all 6cylinders -
553bhp & 465 lb/ft 370Z Full Amuse with Greddy Twin Turbo
Darren-B replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Member Build Projects
I like the spoiler, a bit like the BRE spoiler on the 240 & 280z's -
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!!!!! It was a Stealth build. Built to destroy it's unsuspecting victims in the blink of an eye
-
Hey, sorry I lost touch with this thread & apologies for the PM's that I have missed. I still have a set of discs ready to go so if someone can instruct me as to who they need to goto next, would be good
-
553bhp & 465 lb/ft 370Z Full Amuse with Greddy Twin Turbo
Darren-B replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Member Build Projects
No we don't mess about at all RS4's make a good desktop What a fun weekend, as Adrian said, a lot of work to make this fit the RHD but we like a challenge. -
A big well done Lyndzzz, so glad that you got to jump after all that waiting, shame I was to impatient for that cold beer
-
I'm definitely up for the skydiving if the weather is good & there is space. Can't commit to paying a deposit as I live over 300miles away
-
Injector Dynamics 725cc Brand new set of 6 £600 Delivered
Darren-B replied to Darren-B's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Bump