Jump to content

Yella Fella

Members
  • Posts

    147
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Yella Fella

  1. HPI check states that insurance didn't pay out, confused about al of that and what makes it a cat D. My only concern was is the car driving safe, is the engine fine etc Think its worth getting RAC full inspection, will it pick up any issues around the cat D status?
  2. We've agreed on sale for it, my mate checked it out last night, said there's general cosmetic issues that needs cleaning up, scruffs, dints etc... but mechanically amazing. Lot of paperwork, issue with it being a Cat D was the engine died. The service books etc all show that the new engine was put in and mileage put back to what it was prior to change, so technically all new. I'm really not bothered with it being a Cat D, it didn't make a mark on my insurance quotes with A-Plan at £510, its still cheaper than my Integra DC5 and that was £750 last year!! Knowing my luck, a proper modified Z will come up for sale next month! Just means I got to save up inbetween to get my bits and bobs for the car now
  3. Couldn't really find this info but are the standard wheels on the Z and most other 3rd wheels use 12x1.25 fitment? Before I purchase some nuts from rare rims, thanks Not sure what cone/taper means
  4. Thanks guys, yeah of on my friends from the SXOC is checking it out tonight for me as its a 600m round trip otherwise! Read the new buyers guide, main thing I'm wanting him to notice is the rear axle... that literally is a clicking sound from idle/driving off? I saw another seller who has fixed the front lower suspension arms, apparently a known issue aka banana arms? If say the uneven tyre wear is evident as well as the axle clicking etc, what costs are we looking at getting these fixed in general? Cheers.
  5. Actually not sure he knows as he said it was done by the previous owner, but he says he has all the paperwork with regards to this. But not sure what else I need to look for, the reg and kit is exactly what I'm looking for. Does Cat D get mentioned on the V5 docs or only via DVLA and when you do HPI checks? Anyone done the RAC/AA full inspection checks before (almost £285!!), surely that will pick up any issues?
  6. I'm looking at a 55 plate Nismo kitted Z as advertised http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 1b1/page/2 I'm about to do a full inspection check on it, when talking to him it all seems fine. I questioned about the low miles for a 55 plate and he mentioned that there was an engine replacement. Did an HPI check and it came up as written off Cat D which he had failed to mentioned, but not sure exactly how much they should be as a Cat D. Is it worth going for one, as people seem to be a bit more edgy about buying one. Spoke to a few insurers and they are happy with Cat D, Cat C more of a no go area they said. Does it belong to anyone on here?
  7. Not a fan of the veilside kit on the coupe Looks like I'd have to go back to autotrader and pistonheads then, if only my integra was sold last summer as seen loads I wanted for sale
  8. Right people, I am in a position of buying as of today, after missing out on a black ninja nismo roadster I'm back on the coupe tip and looking to drift. Show me your performance modded rides for sale, preferably yellow, blue, silver, black in that order too
  9. Looking for a modified variant for drifting, mainly engine and performance mods e.g. Plenum, manifold, exhaust. Preferably nismo part and/or kit too Failing this, possibly a yellow GT4
  10. Are the roadsters a lot heavier? Take it the wont be suitable for drifting over a coupe?
  11. Just a quick question, as above, I've started to look at 350Z's again a year on... might have a potential buyer if he can get insurance on my car. I know its bad but as its the summer, I've started to wander off and look at roadsters / convertibles again. Are all the main engine/performance mods made for coupe, will they fit the roadster or do you need specific roadster mods? I know the kits/spoilers are different to an extent. Thanks.
  12. I'm actually loving the spec!! I wish someone would buy my Integra I spent like nearly the entire summer stripping my car down to standard as much as I can but the original two buyers have ended up buying other Integras due to the weight... once that's sold I can start looking again for my Z
×
×
  • Create New...