Jump to content

veeg33

Members
  • Posts

    2,060
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by veeg33

  1. Sounds familiar
  2. Nice one, thanks @Keyser Don't think I can borrow my wife hence will do the same as rabbitstew
  3. Yeah, I've read about etching and using industrial polishing machine to prep it which puts me off doing it myself as renting the machine is well over £100 per day . Thanks for the info.
  4. Off topic but interested to know what you guys used for garage floor (brand) and what prep work is needed @Keyser @rabbitstew.
  5. veeg33

    350z x Tesla

    Interesting.... One for @gangzoom to consider next maybe? https://insideevs.com/news/365753/nissan-350z-tesla-motor-world-first/
  6. I have been removing the door card pretty much every year prior to swapping the motor to clean the motor but it gave up eventually. Takes about 10-15mins to get to the motor. I think I know which one you are on about. If I remember correctly, the new motor came with it. I think they are designed to be fitted once unless you can get your fingers behind to pinch and remove it. I think I cut it out with a wire cutter. If you are talking about the connectors harness to the switch, you'll need a flat head screwdriver to press a little tab whilst at the same time pulling it out.
  7. They are pretty straight forward if you are good with tools. Nothing tricky, there are few 'how to' in the forum. I can't remember which one i used but instead of removing the window completely, I used masking tape to hold the window in fully closed position before i start removing bolts that are holding it. I find it safer compare to removing it and place it somewhere safe whilst you replace the motor. Or if you can get someone to hold it for you but he/she must not let go as it will drop into the door and get damaged or end up in pieces. Similar procedure --> https://nicoclub.com/archives/350z-diy-changing-the-window-motor.html I think i used this one as guide to reset -->
  8. I went for this one for passenger side - Still going strong after 7 months. Just make sure you get the one with a reset button, which makes life easier. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Window-Regulator-Motor-Front-Left-For-Nissan-350Z-Z33-Skyline-V35-2002-2009/183510741412?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
  9. Mine started to drop automatically when I start to have issue with the window motor. First symptom was not dropping or going back up when i press the switch. Sometimes it drops, but refuse to go back up unless I manually pull it up by hand. I did try to refresh the motor by removing the housing and give it a quick clean with contact cleaner. Works OK for a while and issue starts coming up again. After 6-8 months, eventually the motor starts to get worst, dropping automatically especially when door is open. I have to manually pull the window back up to fully close before i shut the door to ensure fully sealed, but after awhile it will still drop by 0.5cm to 1cm creating a leak and I can hear it at around 60mph onwards. Anyway, in the end, i swapped a new window motor (ebay specials) and everything is working as it should hence no more dropping automatically. Hence i guess your next step is to get a new motor installed and take it from there.
  10. Local bodyshop in Huddersfield called GW Bodyshop. Insurance company wants to send me to a bodyshop in Bradford but I told them to use my local bodyshop as this is just opposite my work.
  11. Zed is back from the bodyshop with a new front driver wing, refurb front driver wheel and full front bumper respray including the lip/splitter. They also polished the whole car Collected my car last Friday but the gap between headlight and front bumper is big ish (noticeable), took it back in Monday morning to sort it out. Can't be any more happier!
  12. Zeditus is a passion, not a disease

  13. A big list of mods for my Zed for Santa this year!!!!

  14. I'm all Z'ed up!!

×
×
  • Create New...