Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. That's flywheel power, it's something like 380 at the wheels. I was under the assumption that I was supposed to get 440 wheel horse power but Jez said the car was knocking when it was at 460 at the fly. Maybe I'll replace that pulley and try again.
  2. At the wheels so add the transmission loss I wish that was at the wheels... If I'm supposed to get 440 at the wheels then that Pulley is 100% what's letting me down.
  3. Well, I have it.. It's just not attached to the car
  4. You need a 6pk2005 ish for a 3'12 or 2'87 pulley the 6pk2020 will be to long & likely to slip as there is limited adjustment on the tensioner Ahh, that might be what he said...
  5. Might as well shop myself in before I get there.
  6. Do it I have no passenger side wheel arch cover at the moment so if it's pissing with rain I'm not going anywhere
  7. A little video for you all, hope Jez don't mind
  8. The one we've been discussing is totally fine GM so get yourself one ordered although I think Darren mentioned that the standard belt works with the 3.12", just to confuse you . Personally I would just buy the shorter one and keep the longer one as a spare or something, it's not much money in the grand scheme of things.
  9. Sorry, I'm not stupid cool enough to skid around in my car
  10. I know it's your misfortune but it's my funny story now Yeah, I'm hoping to get the pulley sorted ASAP. Haha, well while it's in being repaired I think I might put the sideskirts on that I purchased... So time for a cosmetic update soon! Yeah, I can see I'm going to have a lot of fun with this.
  11. Yeah it's brilliant but I find myself running out of road before RPM now there really isn't much need to take it over 6k and with decats and a non resonated exhaust it sounds insane.
  12. I may or may not be coming tomorrow depending the weather, see my thread for more information
  13. Also, thanks to the ZedShed for sorting me out with the additional bits that I needed. Would have been pretty stuck without the help!
  14. Who's the **** with the beard you ask. I feel I need no further introduction... haha Okay well I turned up at the tuner today after a nightmare of a journey, A40 or whatever closed and it took us about 2 hours to get off of it putting us behind on getting to Jez at HDev... You would think my day can't get any worse.. Right? Anyway, when we turned up.. Eventually.. Jez getting it on the rollers: Dat ass A couple of pictures of the power it was making Apparently it was knocking at 460 I need to upload the end results but it is running 432HP / 360~ tq THEN as we go to get it off the dyno, the 2.87 pulley had expanded (or the bracket) and pushed itself into the bracket causing the engine to refuse turning over.. Anyway, a bit of metal shearing itself off later and it started again.. I believe this may be causing a few issues I'm experiencing at the moment so will be ordering a replacement. Would you think that be the end of my bad luck ? Nope... Jez then took it out for a test drive and came back with this (I guess you could say it was Jez's bad luck?): He done a proper job and ripped half of the bottom off and created a load of splits down it, I felt sorry for him and he apologised profusely and promised to pay to get it sorted so I'm not that bothered. Just a funny way to finish the weekend The car above 3k RPM is a total animal and really fun to drive, however I can see myself wanting more in the not too distant future. A MASSIVE thanks to the guys that fitted the kit for me and also thanks to Jez for sorting the car out and being a stand up guy.
  15. The pulley is an interesting story, I was going to take pictures but the guys seemed to supply documentation as part of the service so I let them do it all. When they've recovered I'm sure the day will appear, ill get some pics at the tuner.
  16. These guys are insane... I couldn't keep up with them and I was only spectating most of the time..! I learnt a lot over the day (24 hours du charger) and I really don't think I thanked these guys enough. We had problems but I think every single one they sorted. oh well, up early tomorrow it's mapping day
  17. Looks awesome, just popped online to say good job guys. Grundy you coming Tuesday ?? I want to see
  18. Agreed still had a lot of fun in that car.
  19. Why does everyone have to mention a Cayman S when they talk about a Zed? Is it the new clique-y thing I'm missing out on? Or does everyone just like to drop the P bomb these days? Nothing wrong with a CTR, loved mine although didn't have a stupid exhaust on it.. Okay it did for about 5 minutes, spoon N1 catback.. Soon came off again.
  20. Oi, I'll have you know they came with my front bumper and I haven't got around to changing 'em yet.
  21. Not sure what the problem is here Grundy... Take off those stupid wheels, get some OEM wheels, remove the spacers, stick a stubby on, leave at OEM ride height and jobs a gooden. Why you have to make life so fooking hard, I have no idea.
  22. I don't know of a thread that's disappeared but I can tell you that this thread is missing a lot of posts if it's any help: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/88503-help-removing-strut-bar/#entry1326070
  23. This guy isn't going to last much longer, he's subtle willy waving about how rich he is and links to America seem to finally grating people Yet, we're the twats because we want people to prove they've got the actual item they're trying to sell... God, I could have some fun with this
  24. Indeed, you shouldn't have messed the buyer about at this stage really.
  25. With the flared aches + spacers are they not going to sit out further than you rears?
×
×
  • Create New...