-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Well always been a positive kind of bloke, contacts starting to come back to me now - CV is currently clogging up the broadband, even had my mentor from my time in Japan (all sounds a bit karate kid I know!) ring me to chat things things through this morning, he is passing my CV onto various CEOs in the UK he is in contact with. Amazing how something like this focuses you so much...
-
Saw Steve's car last week as I was in there, looks a lot redder than the photo shows (just goes to show photos don't show the exact shade you would seeing it for real) and it hadn't even gotten to the tidy and polish stages which will really bring it up, so far looking very nice Steve. +1 on my rear end, not only is it a thing of beauty but the colour match is absolutely spot on
-
Redundancy is three months tax free lump sum plus a week for every year you worked, which is substantially more than getting your net salary till you have worked your notice period. I am going to push to get out the office ASAP so I can get on with things, getting the legal paperwork through tomorrow. I have just been laid off in the first year of employment though which leaves you with almost no rights or ability to claim anything from them, ironic as the previous company I was at I was there 10 years...
-
Yep, I am a 250+ contacts fella on LinkedIn, just been firing out emails all day. Problem I have is that I haven't been made redundant, I have been deemed as 'not required due to unprecedented structural change enforced by market conditions', as I don't have 2 years time served with them I don't qualify for statutory redundancy. So I get paid as normal for my notice period of 3 months during which I am expected to fulfill my duties which means going into the office everyday till the end of that three months. So I get no pay out, am taxed as per normal, there is no safety net a lot of the other guys have as they have been there long enough to get redundancy which for most is easily into five figures and beyond. Its the third time now in 18 months this has happened...before my wife was working so we had a backup plan, or I already had something semi ready to move to in the pipeline. This has caught me off guard a bit and with a house move and incoming baby has heightened the issue. Still, I am already getting feedback that my CV is on the desk of a few big companies, lets see how it goes...and stew, I will carry that with me pal, that sounds like a nightmare but you made a good go of it.
-
bargain for someone, GT4 wheels £225 ebay
coldel replied to ersen.o's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
Oh bloody hell, I didnt check that, haha that is terrible! -
Cheers guys, am currently on a trawl of my LinkedIn contact list...just a bit wobbly at the moment as you say Colin we are moving house as well Timing is absolutely awful and as I have only been at this place eight months I get no compensation or redundancy package. It is unfortunate, but the new global CEO who has taken interim charge recently is a 'strip and sell' merchant who runs his own company which effectively comes in and strips companies down to a minimum so costs approximately equal outgoings then sells the company to bigger companies it competes against - and he has the cheek to call his business 'turnaround.com'. Ultimately 90% of staff are doomed longer term, we just happen to be the first out the door... ...well thats how I think it is, so am keeping myself motivated this way!
-
Our company has just decided to let go 50% of the workforce, me included... ...so if anyone knows of someone who needs a senior market researcher specialising in new product development and innovation research a nod in my direction will be rewarded in serious numbers of beer tokens! So, four months breathing space to find a job otherwise my beloved Zed will be in the For Sale section ...not the sort of news you really want when just a few weeks back you find out your wife is pregnant with our first child
-
bargain for someone, GT4 wheels £225 ebay
coldel replied to ersen.o's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
Even so, that price for some nice 18's is a bargain...but still he should change the ad. -
bargain for someone, GT4 wheels £225 ebay
coldel replied to ersen.o's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
That is bloody ridiculous, so cheap, if I didnt have my Volks... -
http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17 Head over to here...a multitude of info...
-
Was behind a little old lady heading home from work the other day...she stopped for no reason at a green light pedestrian crossing, just anchored up. The police car behind me ended up parping her to move her along!
-
As they said, NotW is less than 1% of their business, are they likely to have been directly involved, of course not. Are they likely to have even been aware? Of course not. Everyone is complaining that they are not answering but FFS Does James Murdoch (who wasnt even in the company when the hacking was going on!) have intimate knowledge of financial contracts of a company within the NI business that is so tiny...of course not. One dumb sod even asked if the money paid out was declared to Inland Revenue, what a dumb sod.
-
Just listening in on the Murdoch interrogation, as before the people asking the questions are just a shambles. They are asking such micro questions that the two guys at the top couldn't possibly know. It's embaressing. Almost amatuer like. A couple of good questions but 80% of it is just pointless and a waste of time.
-
As I stood there by my Z watching the pump go up to and stop at £29.97 I thought to myself 'just a little squeeze on the pump handle and it will leave me having to pay a nice round number' Cashier "That'll be £52.74 please sir" I'll get my coat, again.
-
I would agree mate, the challenges are for their benefit and not the viewers. I am sure they are bored of reviewing cars and just enjoy messing around doing daft stuff. Its probably in their contract. Interviews, reviews and car match ups are the way to go...shame they don't care about their viewers views anymore. Still...once my blog becomes a national TV show that will all change
-
Tough call that, I would say WITH but probably something like 60% With 40% Without in my mind...
-
Front apron resprayed and 2 days later..bad again!
coldel replied to sprevett's topic in Paint & Protection
+1 RT Performance just did my rear bumper and said the same thing, 2 weeks... -
I am pretty sure its a hoax, but she pulls it off well, and some of the stuff she said was dead funny!
-
Obviously skipping over the apparent dodgy porn clips that seem to be linked on the right handside - I clicked this one and nearly cried with laughter - hilarious, must watch it all the way through. http://www.noob.us/entertainment/heres-the-definition-of-a-crazy-cat-lady/
-
Surely there is a potential sticky on this, cars that have been repeatedly viewed by people on here - somewhere they can post up what they found to save others the trouble? Like if the ad clearly doesn't say there is a big dent on the car and you only find it when you get there...or the opposite, that in fact its a good car but not quite for you?
-
Oh good grief I was laughing out loud reading that...as the saying goes common sense isn't common...why post on here if you already have bought it and can see for yourself that you've been had
-
Oh no! Crikey...causing problems again Ricey? Such a trouble maker tut tut...
-
Just had a look at it...seems to be one piece...unscrewed with a little bit of effort, a bit tricky to get around the edges of it but otherwise seems fine to me!
-
Rear plate recess is square but he has been a little sneaky and and managed to squeeze the full plate number onto one line...