Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Well...numerous interviews later and: - have two on the back-burner, not recruiting for a month or two but keen to take my application forwards in Sept/Oct - one who said no - one who is really keen and am going for second interview/presentation but I am not so sure on the company itself - one who was just an utterly shocking interviewer who I walked out of after 35 minutes - and one more interview tomorrow for a job that is way above my current experience but an absolutely amazing role, would do it for half the money, telephone interview 2pm Friday I have to say, feel knackered, it really does take it out of you going for these interview that last up to three hours and repeating the same stuff over and over again...fortunately on garden leave now paid till end of November so time to take it easy
  2. Back of my debadged Astra I had last year, a massive improvement on what Vauxhall owners called the 'dinner plate' on the back... I do read that a lot of people think debadging is done for the purpose of hiding a vehicles engine size etc but this is wrong. Most people I know who have done this do it for the styling aspect, you get a few people who do it to hide the cars true identity but it is a styling issue in most cases.
  3. I debadged previous cars not to hide the engine size or the like but because it does just look better, cleaner and neater. Why have a garish bit of tacky chrome plastered onto the back of the car when I have swapped out the nissan burgers for black Zs? I did have a black '350z' on the back also but it seemed over the top having that many Zs on the car.
  4. I ordered a Cosworth one for my DE airbox and it was also a very tight fit and took a little bit of forcing, just the nature of aftermarket units maybe?
  5. Im going to rant... When are AutoTrader going to start banning adverts that look like this: Ford XXXXX £995 2001, 80,000 miles blah blah blah sale price is £2000 not £995 Deliberately putting cars into lower price brackets like that. I think there is a trade descriptions act going on here, it is for sale at £995 or whatever the lower price is and listed as that - so therefore they must sell at that price. Lots of traders doing this now on AT, should have their ads removed.
  6. Mine needs to be as boring as possible: Hatchback 5 doors 'nice colour' preferably not red Got to look normal
  7. In the same boat, wife wants a little run around, I am looking for something under a grand. Seen a few Nissan Almeras actually, look like a decent purchase?
  8. I found the door grabs and lower centre console 'easy' yes, even for my limited practical skills. I managed to wrap the upper centre console myself but it was a bit tardy, some of the egdes were not sticking down, maybe because I took so long doing it, it was passable though. In the end though with some spare material left over I took it into RTPerformance who redid the upper part for me. There is a skill to doing this, guys like Rich/Taras I am sure could do it in a fraction of the time that it would take me or you, but its doable for us novices. Best thing to do is start on the easy bits and build up confidence (I wrapped the top part of the ashtray first, then tried the door grab and moved onto the gear surround) and get used to heating the vinyl, stretching, moving it etc. Its a good skill to master though, I bought some FlyEye tint for the rear lights the other day and found i wrapped it effortlessly
  9. A neat little trick is boil some water, it wont damage the paint and really softens up the adhesive. You will need to finish it up as well, a little white spirit wiped on and off will loosen up any remaining stubborn bits, and have some polish ready to finish it as it will still likely have a vague outline of the badge.
  10. RT Performance do have vinyl, they used a bit of their own supply of satin black to finish my centre console. They also exterior wrapped a Z in matte black recently I seem to remember? But try have a go yourself, I managed to do a good job on the door grabs on the inside as well as the gear surround, I am am utterly talentless at this sort of thing.
  11. Look forward tot he guide mate, mine has started doing this as well - usually if I go below 1/4 tank switch off and switch back on it wont go out of the red unless I stick some petrol in...
  12. OK might have been a slightly optimistic claim it wasnt a lot more though, I drove from Windsor to Bruges and about 20 miles out of Bruges put 40 Euros in which took the tank back to where I started and I was about 3/5ths of the way through the journey. Yes plenty of cruise control and using EC3 when not in cruise, which wasnt often as the journey is M25, M26, M20 then E40 direct to Bruges, very little town driving. Dunkirk to Bruges is only something like 45 miles max nearly all motorway miles.
  13. The interesting thing is when I had the old clutch in, where the plates had been worn, I didn't notice the clunk or movement in the gearbox - it was only when the new one went in that it became apparent... ...just awaiting the ZAlex to come along and I am sure all will be clear
  14. Good work Chris, I like that look on a Zed, shame you couldnt squeeze them up to 19s
  15. Might be the same, not sure, I put mine into gear fine but if I take the clutch to biting point and dip it in and out slightly I get a clunk noise and the gear stick is not tight in gear either. Hard to explain! It just feels like the cogs in the gearbox are not tight together and in fact there is some play or space in them which lets them move about?
  16. Its not like your typical Vauxhall/Ford stereo where you use two U shaped tools to remove it balla (presuming thats what you are referring to?). It is removed as per the guide on the link, you need to just remove some of the dash, its relatively straightforward to do.
  17. http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=47176&hilit=remove+bose Search is as always your best friend...
  18. Morning people, Just back from my drive to Bruges and back, all very good, have to say the Zed was utterly awesome - the throttle controller worked a dream sat in eco3 mode - cost about 60 euros in petrol to drive from windsor to bruges and back. The Zed though just munched up the miles. Only thing that is bothering me still is the gearbox, there appears to be a little bit of play in it. So when I change gear it clunks a bit, if I change gear carefully i negotiate the clunk but its getting really annoying. Is there an easy solution to this? Is it a case of replacement of the internal gearing, or a complete new gearbox?
  19. FM Transmitters I have found to be pretty bad. I have one of these in the Z, works a treat, just keep the iPod volume to about 50-60% and it works fine. Also have a little dock which attaches to the air vent, looks very neat and tidy. Cassette to iPod http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-CPA9-AE-Car-cassette-adaptor/dp/B00007EDLW/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_i Clip for the air vent, it sits very neatly to the left of the steering wheel http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buybits-REMOVABLE-SWIVEL-MOUNT-iPHONE/dp/B002B1XWLK/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313393964&sr=1-10
×
×
  • Create New...