Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I support West Ham, so certainly don't consider Blackburn a small town club...is that a dirty great chip I see hovering just to the side of your head Russ I was trying to emphasis the point that since the inception of the premier league, the never ending pursuit of money and the focus on champions league (which has to be trade descriptions act surely?) that the possibility of a club outside of a top 3 or 4 as alluded to by a previous poster in reference to the Scots Prem League, winning the title is pretty low. ...anyway, Blackburn have a very big thank you to West Ham for winning that - I remember Ludek Miklosko keeping Man Utd at bay whilst Blackburn proceeded to make a pigs ear of their final game against Liverpool I think it was
  2. Joe Cole to Lille? What a waste of an extraordinary talent he was.
  3. Worth saving the money if they are genuine isn't it? If they are not genuine then they are returned and a refund obtained. If they don't fit the car then they are returned and a refund obtained. If they are genuine and they fit then we have ourselves a bargain. Maybe I am over-complicating things but I am pretty sure no one who is giving this a punt will fit them if they aren't genuine and safe to do so.
  4. I agree, was surprised Wenger hasn't strengthened the club sufficiently this year, but there are two days to go he might yet pull a couple of transfers out the bag. I am not so sure about your transfer calculation though, day to day club running, staff costs and the biggie - tax payments - come to multi-millions per month. That would easily soak up all those ticket incomes plus a bit more. Seems to me nowadays player purchases are coming from the pockets of the owners rather than club profits (if such a thing exists anymore!). Clubs are paying out so much on players wages that they are in effect running insolvent, which is why the financial rules are coming into play. Think it would be good for Adams to come back, but having cut his teeth with a few other clubs successfully first and gotten all his coaching qualifications. I find it somewhat frustrating that players seem to get an auto route into coaching with clubs thinking that a playing career automatically creates a good coach.
  5. I was going to cite Leeds but didn't want to out of sympathy - I actually enjoyed Leeds rise with Ferdinand at the centre of defence, but then was amazed to find out that they actually had no money and it was all based on future funding from the champions league. Man Utds debt is bizarre, the whole purchase is leveraged against the value of the stadium and the training facilities. I'm no accountant but it can't be that easy or that safe to do so - come sale time I would be quite concerned how much Man Utd as a club will actually own of its own property. Surprised Ambramovich is still around though, thought he would have gotten bored by now. I suspect though that if they win the champions league he will drift away?
  6. I think like any manager there will be good and bad buys. Wenger signed Henry plus a whole host of other players who did well, as well as a bunch of shoddy ones too. As much as we all accept Alex Ferguson is a great manager he still shelled out probably a hundred million on tosh like Veron, Forlan (who admittedly has gone on to play well) Djemba Djemba etc I am pretty sure a lot of these transfer decisions are made by groups of stakeholders anyway, the scouts putting in their advisory reports, the manager, advice within football circles, the board. I think the bank balance thing is double edged, any club in Arsenals position financially are being looked on enviously. My club West Ham threw tonnes of money at players and it took us from a manageable debt of £24m to over £100m in just two years followed by relegation and the club is so close to administration you wouldn't believe it. Personally I would rather support a club who don't succeed vs one that does but carries a huge level of debt. That said, Man Utd sit something like £750m in debt but I am sure that is overlooked by the cheering fans as £30m Rooney and co score goals and win games. I am guessing, but Wenger is a smart guy, probably a lot more clued into football than most. In 2015 we will start to feel the impact of the new financial regulations around clubs operating in debt. Chelsea have already started to try and get around it by reshuffling their £1b worth of loans to Abramovich but I suspect that loop hole will have been closed by then. City, Chelsea both have a lot of work to do financially to sort themselves out which will involve a huge cull in players and trimming of the wage bill - Arsenal wont have that problem, in fact they will be in prime position to sweep up a lot of the top players that Chelsea and co wont be able allowed to pay ridiculous wages to anymore.
  7. I agree, the way I see it as I think most people who have put a buy in on these see it is that that its a mistake and the trader will either honour it or simply say they are out of stock and refund people to make sure he doesn't make a huge loss on it. If its the former then happy days, if its the latter then that's fine it was worth the punt. We shouldn't leave negative feedback though, he looks like a genuine good trader who has supplied tens of thousands of items and received very high levels of praise for it.
  8. The inception of the premier league itself made sure that the league will only ever be won by a small handful of clubs. Throwing a tonne of money at clubs who as they succeed get richer and as you fail the fall is further. Since the premier league started twenty years ago only three clubs have won it (plus Blackburn once) - in the previous twenty years to that the football championship was won by seven different clubs. The money in the game makes sure that the winning clubs stay winning, it generally takes gross mismanagement to have a club drop away. Unless you have a billionaire with enough patience come along it will be the same teams winning it. Even look at the ridiculous sums of money the likes of Liverpool and Spurs have spent over the years but have failed to crack the top two placing consistently.
  9. Both just a pair of lumps really, one a bit quicker than the other thats all! But just goes to show, there really is naff all about defensively, when you look that Manyoo had to fork out nearly £20m for a young defender. There is a dearth of quality defenders in the premier league at the moment - all the defensive line ups of the premier league teams at the weekend I would say are poorer than they were say 3 or 4 years ago.
  10. I don't rate Samba at all...guess its all down to personal opinion - no better than getting in Upson on a free.
  11. I have to say I generally agree...that said, who would Wenger buy at the moment? Not many clubs letting decent experienced defenders go easily. Arsenal have no serious transfer budget so can't force a move on any top drawer defender.
  12. coldel

    hankook or falkens

    Browse the forum, there is a tyre section with plenty of posts for both brands, here is a sticky with plenty of info http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5589
  13. Make sure to get some wheel sealant on them ASAP if you havent already - C5 gtechniq is good stuff as are a number of other brands.
  14. Nice Welcome to the Volks club mate
  15. I take it no one has heard a peep from our friends on ebay!
  16. The Arsenal situation is a strange one, Wenger has been sensational for Arsenal in the past and certainly an improvement on many manager before him. I wonder how much is going on behind the scenes, certainly since the stadium move the club has not really spent as much as it should have. If you did replace Wenger who would you bring in? Mourinho wouldn't do the job I don't think, he wants a top two club or a country job. Outside him there are very few candidates I can think of - it would be interesting to see if any new manager suddenly splashed the cash or whether they were equally tight.
  17. Just need that elusive front bumper from RTP to stick it on
  18. We got our rings from Penelope Red in Putney, they can list a number of premier league footballers amongst their clients and of course us £600 for mine, £350 for Becks - hand made in Germany white gold in two shades for me and a mix of yellow and white gold for Becks - brilliant service and stunning rings.
  19. I know, I would eight two be an arsenal fan right now...
  20. There was a thread on here somewhere I commented that Man City's Dzeko was set to start really playing this season - I was ridiculed Liverpool playing well but are just a couple of players getting injured away from a Europa placing team - I just don't see them having the depth in strength. I am thinking more its going to be a Manchester 1-2 although would prefer if it was City. More importantly, West Ham winning again I have to say I much more enjoy us playing in the championship, its probably about our level at the moment. Saw the Redknapp interview as well, god that man knows how to talk garbage when required. I know I will be accused of bias but when a commentator asks for his opinion on the game and he just rants about the press unsettling Modric as the reason they lost and nothing else...I smiled to myself as that's exactly what Spurs did to Scott Parker all last season.
  21. Although...i would like to see someone else put them on their car first
  22. Why would a trader who clearly relies on ebay who also sells tonnes of genuine priced stuff sell these if they were fake? I genuinely think its a balls up on their part and most likely have the sale withdrawn.
  23. Guilty here...I started it Don't think anyone is under any illusions Vik, I am 90% sure nothing will arrive - but for thirty odd quid its worth a go. I still think it isn't a con, as per my link on page one, he is selling Brembo brake pads at the same price - simply think he has made an error and priced up these the same. How the trader handles it is another matter - the worst that can happen is you get your money back - the other scenario is that you get a set of brembo brake discs much cheaper than they should be - I know I have bought stuff in the past which was priced up wrong and seller was compelled to sell, it does happen
  24. Love the triple gauges, but yeah +1 paint that cubby door!
  25. Well I literally came across the listing about 11pm last night, a few of us gave it a punt then, so will be probably Monday/Tuesday before anything happens...
×
×
  • Create New...