Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Good grief! Actually this was linked on the same page, shocking!
  2. £65 BiN as well be quick http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-Bluetooth-Adapter-Operating-Instructions-/140642791849
  3. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-mirrors-Veilside-/120813284507
  4. coldel

    Plenum Spacer

    ..its for the best
  5. crikey !! ill look into this!!!! i have seen other engine covers and inside bonnets and all sorts with this painted on! i didnt know its true meaning.... hmm well its a bit late now.... and i like the cover..... i hope no one at a car show gets offended! hopefully theyll just think "she doesnt probably know the meaning of it!?" which infact is true then! owwh that is a shame!!! I wouldn't worry too much, I still have my rising sun support stick propped up in my living room, no one else knows what it means really. If you personally don't have a problem with it then its fine if someone else does, then that's something they need to deal with, I didn't throw my flag away because my mate was offended by it. Have a read up on it, always good to prop up your knowledge on history, heck if someone does say something at a car show at least you can talk in an informed manner about it!
  6. I bought my shiney beautiful unmarked black Zed ... three months later scratches and bits appeared. Ran it over to Taras who confirmed a 'blow over' and was less than impressed. Generally they only last a matter of months.
  7. Without wanting to throw the proverbial spanner in the works (and without wanting to turn anything into a political debate, just to raise awareness really)...the rising sun flag does have an interesting history, in that it is heavily associated with ultranationalism and in particular claimed atrocities that happened in Japanese occuped territories during the second world war. I actually have one of these flags on a support stick I used to climb Mount Fuji, none of the Japanese locals seemed too concerned about it but when a friend of Indian/Chinese decent saw it in my living room he found it very offensive and was quite upset. I guess the uptake is that it looks nice, but just dont open the bonnet whilst driving around Chinatown...
  8. Surprised it took you lot that long to pick up on that...she is nearly 5'11'' so nearly the same height as me I do have unnaturally short legs accompanied by an unnaturally long body
  9. coldel

    Plenum Spacer

    Before I go and order one new, checking to see if anyone has one they are thinking of selling, ideally still in the packet please!
  10. Well I'll be damned, went out there and tapped the top of the button for 20 seconds or so with my finger, lo' and behold a working switch again. Cheers Alex for the PMs this morning as well. Might just give it a good spray with some contact fluid later in any case...I cannot express how happy I am now
  11. At the end of the day, just make them fit and they will sell. So many UK suppliers are sending out non fitting stuff and leaving the consumer to pick up the fitment tab - recently saw some side skirts that were 2cm too long, 'effin criminal sending that out they must know that they dont fit and are clearly just hoping that the consumer foots the bill for it. As a theme if you like rather than brands, lips are good, also lots of members (myself included) have fitted a mesh to the opening which looks great. There is always going to be a demand for the vent openings in the front bumper to feed air to the intake as well.
  12. ...sometimes Dave, I really don't like you
  13. http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_195717_langId_-1_categoryId_255223#dtab Anyone tried using this on switches, thinking of firing some into the seat switch to see what happens.
  14. Its stopped basically, which is ok for me as its set to my position but Rebecca has considerably longer legs than me Switch works to move the back of the seat into different positions but when moving the base it only goes forwards which is a bloody nightmare you suddenly realise how important seating position is and how its so important that those little switches do not fail. Last week it stopped but I flicked it back n forth a few times and it started again, then when I tried again this morning nothing, just forward movement. Any ideas guys? If the motor had gone I would have thought it wouldnt have gone forwards still?
  15. Aye good points mega, and I do agree winter tyres in the cold work better than summer tyres Actually the average temp darn sarf is 7 degrees or above (ok I blatently googled it just now out of interest) for 3 months of the year. During that three months the average high is about 9 degrees and average low is about 1 degree, so it isnt consistently below 7 degrees where the winter tyres operate best. I would argue that there is not an instant degredation in capability of summer tyres from 8 to say 5 degrees, there is some, but if you are pootling about probably nothing substantial which means you are flying off the side of the road. I think if I were to have a proper punt at timed effectiveness of winter tyres its probably more like 6-8 weeks, of which probably 2-3 are serious conditions such as snow or ice which as I say I wouldnt drive a car let alone a Zed out on the road. I think if I were living further north where they bear the brunt of bad weather I would seriously consider it.
  16. So when it drops to below 7 degrees at night the summers come off and winters go on Sorry thats being overly harsh and pedantic just someone said earlier on the forum that there seems to be something developing on this forum that there are rules that should be followed regarding how things are done but no one seems to try to counter discuss them? I have owned lots of cars over the years, never once switched to winters, first time I have even heard of it on here. Winter tyres are much better in the wet/cold I agree, are they worth investment vs leaving the Zed at home for a couple of weeks is open to debate I guess if you plan on having the Zed for a few winters probably worth the investment.
  17. Two sets of summers a year? Thats a fair whack? I have done over 7k on a set of Falkens (which were not new when I bought them) and they are still going strong. If you are doing 25k+ a year and using it as your daily drive your fuel bill must be awful! I remember last year we had I think about ten days where snow really hit in Lodnon, I remember the trains being ruined from Monday till Thursday one week and I worked at home, also once not being able to get to football. Being in Harrow as well, cant imagine our weather is that bad you cant use summers for four months? A few members on here have used it as a DD and driven on summers through the winter, to be honest if its snowing or raining in sub zero temperatures I wouldnt take the Zed out if it had 60 inch tractor tyres on
  18. For the two weeks or so of the year where we have grit/snow on the road I will simply leave the Zed parked up and drive the second car - money saved on extra tyres etc will be spent on new exhaust
  19. coldel

    GTR Body kit

    What happened to the *final comment Neil? *unless otherwise decided
  20. coldel

    GTR Body kit

    My final comment also: if you put on a Nismo bodykit you must have a Nismo exhaust, Nismo intake and Nismo rad cap - otherwise you are just impersonating a Nismo 350z
  21. coldel

    GTR Body kit

    ..and I think therein lies the issue - other people will always make assumptions about your car, what you have done to it and why, which on the whole are not usually correct. If you are bothered by them then dont do it. If however you are doing it simply because YOU like the look of it then by all means go for it - looking at the bumper in isolation, it looks fine. You could argue that everyone on here who has a wing fitted to the back of their car is in a similar boat. Average speed in the London area for instance is about 10mph, why have a wing on the back if you never need the downforce 99% of the time? I mean, you are not driving a 500bhp racing Porsche so why are you putting on parts that you find on a 500bhp Porsche. But, personally I like the wing, it looks fine. I'm not from London and my car gets driven hard. The wing I'm putting on soon will be functionally aswell as authentically pleasing. What your not grasping is the fact your making a car look like another. Make it unique by all means but don't imitate. Tthought you might take that personally, it wasnt meant to be. I also mentioned 'similar boat' so a matter of comparison rather than part of the same discussion as a 'rule' if you like regarding styling only seems to be selective. My first point kind of answered your last point, that you are assuming that the OP wants to make his car look like another car - what if he just happens to like the styling of the GTR bumper over others and purely wants it because he likes it? You are assuming (reference my main point above) that he wants to look like a GTR not that he likes the look of the bumper and just wants it on his car for a look that he likes? Thats the point I am trying to make, not failing to grasp others. Since I have bought the Zed I checkd out loads of front bumpers, actually most of them look like some other car or another but to be honest it really doesnt matter.
  22. coldel

    GTR Body kit

    +1 People have opinions, they do or dont agree with things. But I dont think you can justify your opinion as correct when we are talking subjectively about something like a styling option? I am fully intent on making my Zed completely unique and doing what I like to it hence the creative rear badge (when the old one warped!) and heading over to RTP to make some changes to my front bumper rather than conform to a nismo 1 or 2.
  23. coldel

    GTR Body kit

    ..and I think therein lies the issue - other people will always make assumptions about your car, what you have done to it and why, which on the whole are not usually correct. If you are bothered by them then dont do it. If however you are doing it simply because YOU like the look of it then by all means go for it - looking at the bumper in isolation, it looks fine. You could argue that everyone on here who has a wing fitted to the back of their car is in a similar boat. Average speed in the London area for instance is about 10mph, why have a wing on the back if you never need the downforce 99% of the time? I mean, you are not driving a 500bhp racing Porsche so why are you putting on parts that you find on a 500bhp Porsche. But, personally I like the wing, it looks fine.
  24. Is it a catback head unit?
  25. coldel

    GTR Body kit

    No Karl, clearly you are wrong
×
×
  • Create New...