-
Posts
5,321 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by 4RE Leather
-
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
Found what i was looking for. These are not the standard pads as I thought but the ones most folk buy. AMS or Hawk Ceramic pads. However on reading from what people have bought with this Brake kit, Hawke gets the thumbs up. Purely because (And this is there own web site reviews) AMS are constantly squeeking:) thenoname -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
I have already said I would go with Tarmac as he has done the donkey work for me. And been a star So it's only fair I stick with him. Unfortunately a family issue has meant everything except the Abbey build is on hold until it's sorted. Which will not now be until easter. Which is not a problem as if l tested the car even in play mode in theis weather might end up in a ditch. Just reminding myself about a mate of mine a few years ago bought himself a brand new Aston Mid winter. he was playing round the South Surrey lanes in what i would class as put your car in the carage and turn the heating up day. Well he saw a knob and pushed it and a yellow light came on. He thought nothing more of it and was lucky to crawl out of the upside down car without a scratch. The Knob was the TCU! Thanks for all your help guys and in a minuet I will come back with the 2 standard brake pad kits they supply with the Akebono kits. Although there are loads of choices including there own(Thant no one appears to want for some reason) Peter . -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
Just out of interest andlid. Take a look on ebay item 390359563472 and tell me what you think? thenoname -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
When I do go there it will most proberbly be the Akebono with red callipers to go with my black wheels. Simple job even I can do it. Get the 14" front discs and just cut the dust cover. That link to the install was good. As for the Cusco, can you email your details to Scott ASAP so you can get it for Christmas. One of the Mods on the 350.com has one on her HR and it looks great. At the end of the day it's all about personal choice, and as we spoke b4 just because you personaly might not agree with what someone puts on their car. why on earth do the same people have to pick holes in everything? It seems like the most important thing in their lives is the next daft thing that comes out of their mouth lol I have had about 6 digs at what I am doing by different people. usually the same 2-3, so I looked at what they had. Umm Pot Kettle. I will paint it pink with white spots if I so desire. But proberly sell it at move on to a robin reliant. yellow with black writting on the side. -
GTSPEC SUSPENSION PACKAGES FOR THE 350z
4RE Leather replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Surely colour would not matter if it's underneath! -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
I just can't find the page. But they had a Picture of a stock front Brembo Next to the Big brake Brembo which looked almost twice the size, and then this other one that I thought was the largest Akebono they had which was the same size as the Big brembo kit. But I lost the page. Anyway due to a sudden change in my private circumstances everything other than the s/c build is on hold. Interested to know purley for debate. Would a GTR brake kit fit and how much would it be? I am fully aware that i shall have to cut the dust cover. But as I said. everythibg is on hold. Even spraying my splash guards. Any firearms holders on here looking to purchase a few of my articals:) need to get some funds quick lol! -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
I sent you the wrong page. that was for the bog standard kit. which was a straight swop I was going to get the Akebono big brake kits. I saw a picture of the one I was thinking about. It had a picture of the Brembo next to it and the one l wanted was double the size. If i get it or not depends weather I keep the car. That link was apparently just how to install one. The one good thing is if i do get a kit i can fit it myself! Thenoname -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
http://www.370zcoupe.com/how-tos/instal ... 0z-or-350z Don't ask about the pads because I was given a choice of the 2 best ones and forgot, All info from Tarmac as he is dealing with it:) What about my Cusco!!! -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
The GTR will **** my Zed, Although I am getting a "Big Brake Kit" flown in from the states via tarmac. And the suspension pack. So at least It won't fall apart whilst tring to keep up lol -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
Correction. I do have the pictures of the cusco. Anyone want it PM me please:) Peter -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
Ok line in the sand and all that. The Cusco will fit a 2003-2009 Zed. That much we know for a fact And it can pivit left to right I fear that it will not do the job it is supposed to do. Be an aftermarket stronger nice polished piece of bling instead of that grotty thing (my opinion) That i have now. Anyway jap parts that advertise on here aquired one and it went straight on. I hope i have got this next bit right or l will get bollocked from Abbey Because the Supercharger is basically for the American left hand market, some adaptions had to be done. And the engine had to be raised a further 20mm to allow it to fit. And it's this that stopped the cusco bar from fitting. Because on the engine cover of the HR there is a channel. So you can raise the engine and the stock strut bar will fit in this chanel. However the Cusco is wider than the channel and from what I can see straddles it. Hence it is as tight as a Ducks butt on the engine cover and touches the Bonnet strenthening cross members. I did not want to grind the bonnet, so got another stock. But for ever wishing to play, I am going to find another stock bar and get it chromed. I am also going to get the suspension struts that tarmac will be getting in the spring. Including the inner wing triangled ones. Plus I am going to put a "Big Brake Kit" on. The fact that my z can now go quicker and faster does not mean that it is safe to do so. Hence so many unsuspecting Merc and BMW drivers, chip there car and don't do the upgrades needed for saftety, and end up in the morgue. Thats why these cars are limited to 155mph. (Mercedes told me this) The Mercedes 6.3 bi turbo AMG CLS and the 350 grand edition diesel CLS will both do 155mph but are both limited to 155! Yet the AMG will beat a 360 ferrari. stay up with a 430 Ferrari and trounce most Aston Martins. So why do Mercedes limit them to 155mph? Because it is estimated that it will now cost a further £35-40k to streangthen it so as to cope with the extra Gforce and ability to brake from 200 mph as opposed to 155mph. And then they would be the same price as Bentleys, Astons ect. And l know what I would rather buy! Same principle l am guessing with the 350z and GTR. you can make a 350 almost as quick as a GTR but will it stop as quick and how long would it be b4 the inner wing flexing and brakes ect would finally cry out for help? (This is my opinion) and I am taking no chances with my life! Thenoname -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
Thanks for that. Exactly. Did not help that the yanks sent it over with the brackets on back to front. Anyway I hate the sight of it now so it is in a box done at Abbey and they are £200 in Uk I am waiting for scott to send the pictures, but I am selling it and Abbey will post it. Anyone want details pm for my email. thenoname -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
-
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
Appologies. On the other forums the originating author can request that the thread be closed. The whole episode over the last week has affected my health. But feel free to carry on so long as I don't get berrated:) -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
You like l would never ever understand unless you went to Abbey and they explained. I am exhausted and exasperated with this thread now. The S/C is made for a left hand drive and the cusco has no ajustment. Spacers or no spacers it just did not work. Stock one is now on and fits fine. So thats it. I am hoping a moderator will close this thread now whist I still have my sanity! lol Peter -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
Putting this one to bed now. I did not listen when I was informed that the installed means that the engine had to be raised by approx 20mm to accommodate the S/C No wonder it did not fit. I got one from a Jap parts salvage yard and it fits. It will do until I can eventually find the item I want. -
Genuine Nissan OEM Splash guards in stock
4RE Leather replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
browny-black actually Every time I look at you car it makes me wish I had got another gun metal. God I hate silver. Used to love it, but I just can't get a decent shine on it:( -
Thats a lot of questions. 1st l have door inserts which are leather. The bit that goes above the elctric mirror control. Thats a nasty bit of fake leather on that bit. As the the arm rest. It just sits there. I designed it so it was tight between the seats and high enough to be comfortable. If I want the cubby hole or driving round town I just take it out. Simples:)
-
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
I assume it's a stage 1 9psi as the stage 2 are 550 are they not? Or have i got that wrong? I do remember Mark saying he got 10psi at 7500 revs! Email Abbey they will know. But it is the same one as the link to the original picture shows Peter -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageF ... 1&no=20380 I emailed the USA company over the price and am awaiting the outcome thanks Peter -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
It has all been done. So putting it down to new tyres and pads, and a crap driver:) Now give me that diffuser. -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
I have a Spoiler Depot 'piggyback' spoiler that retains the stock spoiler and sits over it. I like it because its not too intrusive. As to usable down-force I don't know. I'm sure it give some at high speed. However, the traction issues your getting, or are going to get with the S/C fitted will be at low speed and I doubt any spoiler will make any difference to that. Unless it weighs as much as a bag of cement! Tyres, tyre pressures, wheel alignment, differential and suspension will the things to look at if it becomes a problem. -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
let me get the Cusco back and i will happily sell the bloody swine. cash on collection lol. I just put down in chat what i paid for it and you vanished. It will fit the HR with mm to spare and i have a picture from the Admin of 350z.com who has one on hers to prove it. Unfortunately because the alloy intake pipe of the s/c is a tad higher on left side it will not fit. So i will put a stock back on and get a stillen that goes nearer the front toward the radiator at a later date. -
GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER
4RE Leather replied to 4RE Leather's topic in Forced Induction
Slow down ya moving to fast. I like that diffuser:) -
Me confused again. You like my interior but hate red and black roofs and bonnets. I agree about the bonnet and roof (Who suggested it) and is it red cars you hate or the red bits in my car? Wait until i get me door inserts installed They are very LOUD ! I think at the end of the day its all about having fun in life and not taking life so serious. All us ex Forces say that lol.