Ramblings from the GT-R topic

Sarnie

John,

Since you raised the point, I was prohibited from standing for the post of chairman in the election. The post was removed from the election and then the decesion was given to allow the committee to elect that and the treasury post, so your wonderful club removed my rights to stand for the post I said I wanted too, even after taking my money that year.

So please get your facts straight, ohhh yeah, I forgot your never asked why I did not stand/attend in the end, silly me, I forgot that gives you the right to pass judgement, but as I said we have free speech on here so you can say what you want.

Bap, were you just posting up the news of 2 lucky people who will soon be getting to test drive the new GTR which are from the OC or just having a little dig that the OC has been invited and this place hasn't.

You haven't posted on here for quite a while and the first thing you do in ages is post reference to look what the OC is doing. You can't deny that the OC don't allow links to here so why is their your need to sh!t stir.

With all the fuss and interest over this car, and the fact that very few will drive one in the next year, I thought it might be of interest.

I must admit, I have risen to Steve's comments, but come on, how sour can a group of people be???

Seems like alot of jealous people on this forum, I'll crawl back under my censored rock. :lol:

I just posted up letting people know about 2 lucky people who will soon be getting to test drive the new GTR, Im afraid all the jealous garbage that has followed has come from obviously bitter people, who cant move on!

I really cant see it, certainly wont be my doing if you do (not that i have the power to do such a thing)

Strange - I was banned for asking why links to this site were banned.

We do not censor links to other 350z communities, we do not ban members when they ask about other communities, in fact we have even provided links to other communities ourselves when 350z owners have asked about other sites.

Anyone posting a link to this site from the OC will be warned and then subsequently banned. Fact.

As for people who cant move on, in my opinion, any "owners club" that censors links to other sites containing information about the very car the members own is not fit to call itself an owners club in the first place.

The OC even went to the childish levels of erasing our club name from a JAE map. Now Ive seen paranoia, but thats a whole new level.

It is blatant evidence of a club wishing to feather its own nest at the expense of providing members with as much access to information about their cars as possible.

Now thats people who cant move on.

We have a great friendship with other Nissan sites and other 350z sites, including some of the US sites - who with great cooperation allow us to share information.

Its not finished yet, and I wanted to have more information populated before releasing but here is a prime example of what can be acheived with good working colaboration between sites:

http://Http://www.350z-uk.com/zwiki

Ever since the split of the community WE have been portrayed as the bad guys, the rebels and the people who split the community in half.

Let us not forget there was one community, one happy group, until a small band of individuals decided it was a good idea to create this fee paying members club. That was the decision that split the community. This site is simply a by-product of that decision. So if they want somebody to blame for the community split, then they should look an awful lot closer to home.

It is dissapointing that Nissan have not recognised this club for what it is, as Id wager with recent signups we have just as many actual owners, certainly more active posting owners, indeed as time progresses and we see more of the "younger" generation buy the 350, our numbers will continue to grow. Whereas I very much doubt those of any fee paying club will. Which is sad as I am quite fond of the Z club and the people that work hard to keep that as successful and friendly as it is.

Hopefully in time Nissan may wish to recognise our site and community and we may see some of our members being given opportunities like this.

Though if Nissan had offered the same to this club, I certainly wouldnt have gone. Im not a brave enough driver, and quite honestly I have not got the time to spare. There would have been a charity raffle for my place, if I had been offered one.

It is the members that make a site, and they are the ones that should be given the opportunity to experience activities like this. A chairman keeping it for himself simply reaffirms the "boys club" perception I hold. It is unfortunate that Nissan obviously feel that is the type of club and image they wish to be associated with.

Ain't it time we got over this? I've been banned from the OC too but c'mon lets just move on. Whilst I may share alot if not all of your views Chris, this type of thing is not a good advert for this site. As long as the main protagonists remain in charge on both sites there will never be any kind of truce. Why inflict this on new members who know nothing about the history?

With all the fuss and interest over this car, and the fact that very few will drive one in the next year, I thought it might be of interest.

I must admit, I have risen to Steve's comments, but come on, how sour can a group of people be???

Seems like alot of jealous people on this forum, I'll crawl back under my censored rock. :lol:

Bap,

i dont know you or the full history behind the clubs. But your comment above doesn't sound that sincere or apologetic? Maybe ive read it wrong. :headhurt: But who's the "sour group of people"? Does that include me? Never once have i commented badly about you or the owners club. And yes i am jealous that someone has got an all expense paid trip to drive the new GTR but in a good way. Hence why i aske you to post the link. Whoever got to go are very lucky and i wish them all the best.

Im sorry but i agree with Chesterfield.

To post on here and tarnish everyone with the same brush i thinks alittle absent minded. :dry:

Because quite frankly Im sick and tired of being painted as the bad guys in this.

Are we dissapointed that Nissan chose the OC instead of this community, or indeed BOTH communities for this? Of course we are.

Though were the situation reversed, it would have been interesting to see if this post would have been made on the OC, somehow I doubt it.

I would agree that this certainly isnt a good advert for the site though, and perhaps the thread will be locked and consigned to history. Mods, feel free....

Ain't it time we got over this? I've been banned from the OC too but c'mon lets just move on. Whilst I may share alot if not all of your views Chris, this type of thing is not a good advert for this site. As long as the main protagonists remain in charge on both sites there will never be any kind of truce. Why inflict this on new members who know nothing about the history?

Maybe that was Bap's intention, maybe it wasnt.

But i agree, maybe these type of comments should just be binned from now on. A truce should be made between the forums, Ive met a few OC members and got on with them great, its a shame the rest of the OC hierarchy arent the same.....

People from the OC don't have 3 heads. And contrary to popular urban legend, nor do I :lol: 99% are normal members like us who either ignorant or oblivious to the animosity.

Chris, i understand and wholeheartedly agree that, this site deserves more recognition but its like crying after the horse has bolted. Maybe the two individuals had personal invites and did not just nab two open invites for themselves? Who knows.

Its not like me to be even 1% diplomatic but this has been done to death soooo many times even I'm tired of swimming against the tide. I have more reasons than most to rant on but what good is it?

Lets just move on. :blush:

And for the record, Baptist knew fell well what he was doing and you've taken the bait ;) Eh Bap ;):p

Same for me, every time Ive met any of the OC guys they are great people. Just like you or I :lol:

Yes Im passionate about this club. Ive put a lot of effort in, just like all the others on the team (and many who aren't). So I can see why they would be so passionate about theirs too. They will have put just as much effort in.

As I say, my issue is with that policy of censorship and not any of the people, as without exception, every single one I have met has been a great person who shares a common interest in the 350.

As I say, my issue is with that policy of censorship.

But it ain't ever gonna change. Would nike allow addidas to have pop ups on their website? No mate. Rightly or wrongly it ain't gonna change.

To be fair the OC obviously think themselves as the superior, more connected site. If that was the case then a true test of how much better they are would be to allow links to this site. They don't because they rely on subscriptions to fund the stuff they do. if they 'lost' a hundred members to this site that would be £3500 lost. Its never gonna happen.

:wacko:

As I say, my issue is with that policy of censorship.

But it ain't ever gonna change. Would nike allow addidas to have pop ups on their website? No mate.

The analogy between Nike and Addidas doesnt quite wash though, as they are business competitors.

These sites exist for the enjoyment of, and colaboration between, people who share a common interest. Any site simply cannot claim to have the owners best interests at heart while actively censoring links to, or discussion of, other sites which carry information about the very item those people own.

One thing we all seem to agree on is that these discussions do nothing positive for anyone, so on that note perhaps this should be locked..