pre 2006 to 2006 onwards ebay headlight conversion

98duffa

Please move the topic its in the wrong thread.

Hi all right I never had time to take any pictures as I was rushing my arse off to get everything done in half an hour.

First things first I did this on my back, no arches off or wheels just jacked it up on both sides. Remove the bumper. Black clips under the bonnet where most put a slam panel in front of the bonnet catch location. Small screwdriver will do this and the aid of some small snips as this aids in pulling the centres out evenly.

Second remove all bolts attaching the undertray to the front bumper (10mm).

Then peel back the wheel arch liners and look up where the bumper meets the wing theres 2 10mm bolts on both sides. After this put a mat down or have a second person to hand and slide the bumper forward to release.

After this rest the bumper on the mat you have placed on the floor as the headlight washers if you have any will flex enough.

Clamp the pipes and squeeze the black connecting clips by hand, where theres rigids.

Now I found the easiest way of doing this was to pull on the washer covers so the nossle expands and you'll see the covers clip on. Release the clip with a small pick or screwdriver and the covers come away. When you refit the bumper unscrew the jets from it and pull the inside towards you through the holes on the bumper and push the covers back on, resecure with the screws and reverse the removal procedure.

NOW THE LIGHTS.

I had a 2005 with factory xenon so the plug was exactly the same as the new ones.

Unscrew the bottom power unit from your old lights, unclip the connectors both sides of this and unscrew the earth. Unscrew the earth from your d2r xenon, twist the silver and black connector to the bulb and pull off.

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad196/98duffa/temporary_16.jpg

Remove the harness from the light that you have unclipped and feed it into your cheap cool looking ebay light.

Fit the power unit that was unscrewed from your old light to the new one and screw the earth back on to this and connect it all up.

You will need d2s bulbs for the new light and this bulb will act as your high beam also incase anyone wonders. Put the bulb in the holder of your new light making sure its seated correctly and lock in with the spring mechanism, now push and twist the bulb connector on to the bulb, no need to connect the earth on the bulb.

The issue I had after this was that on the nsf only the indicator was flashing like a madman and all the bulbs were ok.

The new lights come with a twin filiment indicator bulb but I swapped it to single and this didn't work. I had 3 wires going into the bulb, white, green and black. Cut the white wire on both headlights and link the wire from the bulb side not the headlight side to the green wire. After that it should be fine. Here's the finished outlook.

Before and after

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad196/98duffa/temporary_2.jpg

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad196/98duffa/temporary_17.jpg

Probably needs adjusting but there projectors so there not done by reflector beams so cant see it being that excessive even if it is. I've only gone and fitted the lights to high aswell. Really cba removing everything again :(

• Like 1