Y-pipe scrape advice

PAWL3Y

Had a look under my car and noticed there's some scrapes on the Y-pipe. Unfortunately I can't get a better look as I don't have access to a ramp but should I be worried? In particular at the top right of the second picture.

Car drives absolutely fine but it's hard to tell if it's blowing or not.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

19368758848_48d964a123_c.jpg#

19368757378_1bd65c124a_c.jpg

Second picture just looks like damage to the heat shielding so I wouldn't worry about that.

The first picture though is a "flexi joint", ...these can start to blow and when they do will either mean you'll need a new Y-pipe or will have to have the flexi joint repaired by having it cut out & a new one welded in place.

At the moment though it doesn't look like it is blowing as I can't see any soot build up deposits although it might not be too long before it does start blowing as that is obviously a weak spot now. Just keep an eye on it for now would be my advice. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Second picture just looks like damage to the heat shielding so I wouldn't worry about that.

The first picture though is a "flexi joint", ...these can start to blow and when they do will either mean you'll need a new Y-pipe or will have to have the flexi joint repaired by having it cut out & a new one welded in place.

At the moment though it doesn't look like it is blowing as I can't see any soot build up deposits although it might not be too long before it does start blowing as that is obviously a weak spot now. Just keep an eye on it for now would be my advice. :thumbs:

Thanks! Will keep an eye on it :thumbs: