Please help!

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

Please can somebody help?

For the last week or so I have been experiencing a problem with my Zed. I've taken it to my usual mechanic a couple of times and he has taken it out for a drive but claims nothing is wrong. He doesn't drive the car regularly like I do and something just doesn't feel right.

I went out in the car on Saturday to give it a decent run, but two things stood out. One the engine felt like is was running a bit rough and two it just seemed to really struggle going past 60mph. It was almost like that was all it wanted to give me. What's annoying is that it's not throwing up any warning lights and isn't reporting any fault codes and I'm at that point where I wish it would, just so I know it's not just me.

My mechanic checked the exhaust and all the readings came back within tolerances so didn't indicate a problem there. I have recently installed a new MAF and even gave the air filter a clean while I was at it, but this doesn't seem to have resolved the problem. I have checked the oil level, coolant levels, etc but they all seem fine. My mechanic did say that maybe the fuel pump was getting a bit lazy or it could be something to do with the Throttle body, but I don't know how you go about checking those items. I did wonder if the car had gone into what is called "limp mode" as it certainly feels like it doesn't want to be a sports car right now. It starts fine and idles quite happily and sounds really smooth, but it's once it's out on the road that the problem is noticeable.

Has anyone got any ideas as it's seriously getting me down.

Thanks.

Spark plugs maybe mate. Could have oil on them or they could just be a little worn. If it is then a simple service will sort it out an run smooth after!

ðŸ‘ðŸ»

That's what she 'Zed' :-/

Could even be coil packs.

It's very annoying when there's no codes and no clear indication of the problem.

You could also try a throttle reset maybe, and maybe the same for the ECU.