Help diagnosing problem

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

Was hoping that someone could offer some help and advice regarding an issue I am having with my zed.

At the beginning of the week I noticed that the car seemed to be down on power. I took it my usual mechanic and after explaining the issue, he did wonder whether the clutch was slipping. However, after taking the car out for a drive he said the clutch seemed fine and that he couldn't see any other issues. After that I put it down to maybe the car running a bit sluggish because of the weather and with it being so hot.

Thing is, I've been out in the car a few times since and am still convinced that there is some problem somewhere. I went out today and whilst the car drove fine initially, as the journey went on the car just started to feel more and more sluggish and down on power. A couple of times I gave it a sharp acceleration and the engine definitely didn't sound right. It sounded a little bit rough.

I've got the car booked in again next Tuesday, but was hoping maybe somebody on the forum my have some thoughts on what it might be. It idles fine, sounds smooth enough. I'm wondering if maybe it could be an air leak or something like that. The oil pressure and temperature gauges show normal when at running temperature and as I said, when I set off initially, it's running fine. It's only after a certain distance that it starts to get more sluggish. When the mechanic looked at it previously, he checked for error codes but there weren't any and the engine warning light hasn't come on, so I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

My initial thoughts are that it's in your head, if I'm honest.

Easy way to check though, do some timed runs between 30 and 70 in 3rd gear and see if there's any noticeable change. If there is, then you know you have a problem somewhere. No lights or clutch slippage sounds to me like a mental thing though, and the current temps (in the south, at least) won't help with power.

I have thought about that, that it might be all in my head, but when you drive the same car all the time, you can tell when it doesn't feel right. I'm getting a small degree of vibration through the steering wheel and i get vibration noises coming through the dash and some vibration noise from the back as well and when I accelerate hard, the car definitely doesn't pull like it normally does. I'm hesitant to drive it until I take it to the garage next week as if there is a problem, I don't want to risk making it worse.