Powder coating

lmc

Yes it if you get a good company, you might need to buy the powder yourself as its a very one off job and they have to buy them in bulk so they dont but the company supplying such powers is http://www.prismaticpowders.com/

Cheers mate will take a look

no worries pal always try to help

that colour looks close lazer bronze :)

Edited by StevoD

Are you talking the lips Lee?

i think so

The lips are anodised, you wont get the same effect with powder imho.

Yes i knew they were anodized but not having any previous experience of this or powder coating thought id ask for some opinions.

Do you think it would be possible to get a similar effect?

I agree, they look great, but as always with the US, they push the boundaries of what you can do, try rocking up to a uk powder coater who knows nothing more than what colours are available on his ral chart and expecting that kind of finish :) they wouldnt even know where to start with a price ;)

And if someone does find someone, let me know :)

• Like 1

i think so

Yes i knew they were anodized but not having any previous experience of this or powder coating thought id ask for some opinions.

Not in my opinion, i tried to get my Weds lips anodised, the results were poor. You would need to get them highly polished, anodised and then chemically brightened to get that finish buddy and personally, just dont think anyone over here has the skills :( on either this or powdercoat :(

• Like 1

i think so

Not in my opinion, i tried to get my Weds lips anodised, the results were poor. You would need to get them highly polished, anodised and then chemically brightened to get that finish buddy and personally, just dont think anyone over here has the skills :( on either this or powdercoat :(

Cheers mate

I must admit none of my local wheel refurbishers instill enough confidence for me to let them loose with my lads scooter wheels let alone anything else.

Apologies, got that the wrong way round, the metal is chemically brightened before anodising, but all depends on the quality of the metal to how well it comes out. Only other answer is to lacquer over the top of the anodising but that will take away the effect of coloured metal (which is what i wanted as per the Works lips) rather than a clear coat :(

Edited by Jetpilot

If you're based in Essex, ultimate alloys can do this for you. I've recently had mine done in a metallic dark gold bronze. Really good finish

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Can you on me some pictures please

Sure, mines a metallic but the annodised effect can be created using power.

8303a9e4b34dacd67604334d0ccd700d.jpg

3bf18473cfc7623b4985e269932c75d8.jpg

3ef11df0c8ed93214969518ea3c0c1dd.jpg

cf7afd9fbecb95eeee5f01066c6e840b.jpg

• Like 1

I'm familiar with the powder coating process, we have a volume coating facility here where I work, but only do two crappy colours. I know absolutely nothing about anodising, but wondered whether there was a way to actually anodise a wheel, much the same as Wasso does with the plenum spacers.

Steve

• 4 months later...

If you're based in Essex, ultimate alloys can do this for you. I've recently had mine done in a metallic dark gold bronze. Really good finish

Can you on me some pictures please

Sure, mines a metallic but the annodised effect can be created using power.

8303a9e4b34dacd67604334d0ccd700d.jpg

3bf18473cfc7623b4985e269932c75d8.jpg

3ef11df0c8ed93214969518ea3c0c1dd.jpg

cf7afd9fbecb95eeee5f01066c6e840b.jpg

Great loooking wheels! In that final pic you can really see the shimmer, did they add any metal flakes to the paint or is this standard Metallic paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk