Anyone experience of SVA UK Ltd at Southampton ?

n19erc

I've just been told my car is on a ship due for Southampton docks towards the end of December :teeth: .... so I'm getting a few prices for getting the car prepared and through ESVA, MOT, etc.

Has anyone any experience of SVA UK at Southampton (quality, timescales. prices, etc ) or can anyone recommend anyone else ?

I can either have it prepared / tested / registered in the south so that I can drive back to Wakefield, or transport the car closer to home as soon as it arrives at Southampton and have it sorted locally.

Hi yes i used SVA Ltd in Southampton and unfortunately had bad experience.

If u have any bodykit on ur car when it arrives in uk.. they will have to remove it and put OEM bumper on it temporarily for SVA test (as everything must be standard to pass) - SVA when putting the aftermarket bumper back on ready for me to drive off forgot to fit it properly or attach the underbody trim to it.. so soon after on the motorway the plastic underside fell out and i came to v quick and dangerous stop in the middle of the M3 and had to get the police and the RAC to rescue me.

They also neglected to mention the rear spoiler was loose and if i drove over 70mph may fly off like a helicopter blade and end up in some poor buggers windscreen behind me..

Overall.. the extras i asked to be fitted (de-restricter, alarm, band expander, mph converter) was all done really well. But the checks on the body work was awful.. and dangerous!

• 2 weeks later...

I've dealt with them , the girls in the office (owners wife and daughter I believe), dont seem to know much about any of work being carried out when questioned and have a mightier than thou attitude - Clive, the owner seems like he carries out the work and knows what he's doing but either they have too much work on or they are just poor at their work as I had a number of problems also.

When I received the car the front bumper and HIDs were out well out of alignment with large gaps around them and screw under the bumper protruding 3/4 inch ie not screwed in.

Eventually got it sorted by a body shop near me as the bumper has to come off to get at the lights.

The rear number plate is not central and so shows a cut out in the rear bumper

and

It took me an eternity to get a mileage verification certificate from them after they converted it from KM to miles (I had to apply pressure through the import company to get them to do that) you would think this would be standard policy of any conversion company. but the band expander rear uk fog and Cat 1 alarm seem well fitted.

They also don't give a proper break down of costs / labour and individual parts which I didn't like.

Personally I wouldn't touch em again with a barge pole