Straight Exhaust / Backbox Delete

Twallis

This will be extremely loud if it is indeed straight through. I have a 350z that has standard cats and a japspeed k2 that has the centre box cut open and all baffles removed from the inside. This is very loud and by what you explain it sounds like yours will be the same if not louder

Try a search on YouTube, if you get nothing from the 370 search check out the 350's for an idea as to how loud this will be

Brillomaster, it's that exact system! So not a full on straight through (I.e. decat). Videos on the net of the Cybox don't sound too bad. I just would like a little more drama on the exhaust sound, especially on overrun but not something that will get me an ASBO.

you should be alright, you'll still have the standard cats and middle resonators in place. give it a go, worst that happens is you just take them off again. But everyone says the standard exhaust on a 370z is far too quiet, so I reckon once they're on they'll stay on.

A couple of people have said the same about keeping standard cats and middle resonator in so hopefully it'll be OK. I might as well give it a go! I'll get some decent footage on a GoPro when it's fitted, hopefully over the next week or so.

• Like 1

This is what I had before I removed my cats and ****ed everything up. Sounded amazing, definitely loud, especially on cold start, but not too loud by any means.

Just a word of warning though, you won't be able to remove your cats with those short tails on, as it is simply impossible to live with!

Thanks for that 'McGee. I doubt I'd remove the cats anyway as I really don't want a crazy noise. The loudest I'd want is a bit like the F-type V6 if you've ever heard that - great noise but not boy racer loud.

So you've got no cats and a short tails at the moment or a different set up?

• 4 months later...

sorry to bring up the old stuff again newbie here! I just got my backbox took out and straight pipes in with burnt tips from my local exhaust

fabricator and its loud especially on cold startup like "oldbonesmcgee" said its amazing though sounds more like a sports car! when i work out how to do it i shall put a video up i have one on my instagram but am i allowed to share on here?

Anyway did you ever get the cybox tips on it?